Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Phew - what weather. Poor Ellie's tongue is permanently out. We stopped our first night at an aire in Beauvais, north of Paris. It was free with free water and waste and right next door to an indoor swimming pool. The next night was at an aire at Coulan sur Gee, which is a bit off-putting in All the Aires since there is a mention of gypsies but posts have been put up around the green area to deter them and this is a really pretty aire. It's right beside tennis courts and a chldren's playground, in a large grassy expanse and you can look across the grass up to the beginning of the village main street. It was free, with water and there was short-term EHU but we didn't use it and would take about 6 vans.

Then it was another long day's drive across to the coast to the Ile de Noirmoutier to an aire at the very end of the island on the beach. What a pig- when we finally got there discovered the aire was closed and it was a car park with a low barrier. So here we are, half way back down the island at Camping de Midi where we have decided to stay for the weekend at 13e a night on the ACSI card and 3e a day for wifi. We are right beside the beach and the place is packed since this is a bank holiday. It's absolute bliss.

I hope all the Stratford people are having a great time. Just as we were going out of Thetford, Sandy said "I wish we were going to Stratford". ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Ivy,

Glad to hear of your travels, bit jelous:winky::thumb:

I am here at Stratford and so far great, weather yesterday was outstanding.

Where are you posting from on the net?

Let us hear more of your travels please:Smile::winky:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Keep it coming, Ivy.
Your posts re aires etc. are useful.
Pauline and meself are going to France next Thursday.
No idea where to go, it may be a case of the Loujess leading the clueless!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
... and the hopeless following the clueless, followed by the brainless perhaps! It would be lovely to see you in France somewhere, although I don't get internet access very often. I'll try and update you all as often as possible. Needless to say, this is always the first site I open. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Then it was another long day's drive across to the coast to the Ile de Noirmoutier to an aire at the very end of the island on the beach. What a pig- when we finally got there discovered the aire was closed and it was a car park with a low barrier.
Ivy

Oh dear,it was closed last May-we ended up in Camping Indigo and had a great time raking up mussels,cockles and Palourdes from the beach for dinner ::bigsmile:
Where are you now?-we are in Haro in the Rioja region of Spain.

Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back