In the land of the 'Godfather' (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Nice humourous blog pony boy..
Thx guys, glad you're enjoying it. Seems such a shame not to make a few observations about places like this where the culture os just SOOO different

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Have a great time. We were there for 3 months last winter a great place with v friendly people. Driving as you say though is something else, just keep saying to yourself they must be skilful to drive in this! Make sure you catch the fish market in Catania.

Dick

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Interesting how different we all are. The only thing we feel we have to take with us are tea bags but the yellow label ones you can usually find anywhere aren't bad so if we run out of "English" tea we don't suffer too much. Eating local produce is one of the draws for travel with us, although I guess the range is limited in Sicily in the winter. :)

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Interesting how different we all are. The only thing we feel we have to take with us are tea bags but the yellow label ones you can usually find anywhere aren't bad so if we run out of "English" tea we don't suffer too much. Eating local produce is one of the draws for travel with us, although I guess the range is limited in Sicily in the winter. :)
yeah I'm of a mind regarding hauling tons of 'old favourites' but honestly the butter here could have been the subject of that Procul Harum song Whiter Shade of (unsalted) Pale. Enjoyed reading your blog and am also a beekeeper, or have been, as you can imagine how disoriented the poor little ladies would get being dragged around in a camper.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yes, stopped beekeeping when we got the MH. The don't mix, or at least not for us as we wanted to go on longer trips.

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
A grand read. How's the weather right now ? Go on, tempt me !
Sorry about the delay in getting back to you about the weather Hilldweller but c'mon you know how hard it is to drag yourself in off the beach on balmy days. That's the situation here and then in the evenings when we'd normally batten down and get on the Net, well what with everyone out at their bbqs and the corks popping there's just no time for correspondence. Highly recommend Luminosa as a long term (30 days for the discounted rate of 8 euro a day, leccy not included) campsite. We're heading off next week towards Agrigento to see if it's a bit warmer there - yeah that 'balmy' bit was just kidding. Nice days, cool evenings. Haven't been in for a swim though even though the sea is 15 metres away, sorry 10 metres ( a wave just came in)
I'm off to have a look at your travels now
Cheers
ponyboy

OP
OP
ponyboy

ponyboy

Free Member
Dec 19, 2012
Tasmania
Funster No
MH
Hobbyvan AKA Jinks
Exp
April 2012
Great blog - you lucky person!
Ahh Montalbano, swoon.......... :inlove:
Watched an episode last nigh Houdini which included a take of Montalbano walking up the beach to where he found an olive tree (beloved from his childhood) uprooted and cast off. Drama enough in that but the shots of him coming up the beach - well, how to put this - BOW LEGGED!!!!!!!!

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Watched an episode last nigh Houdini which included a take of Montalbano walking up the beach to where he found an olive tree (beloved from his childhood) uprooted and cast off. Drama enough in that but the shots of him coming up the beach - well, how to put this - BOW LEGGED!!!!!!!!

Are you deliberately trying to ruin my dreams? :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back