Free Member
Feb 15, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1990
Can anyone help me with a freestanding awning problem please? We winter in Spain and always have an awning attached to the side of our motorhome. On previous 'vans I have attached an awning rail to the side of the van as it always seemed mode secure. I was also able to use end stops to stop the awning sliding out of the 8-Track. However on one occasion, during very windy conditions two of the screws pulled out. Now we have a new 'van and I don't want to risk the same thing happening again; so I'll be reverting to using the channel in the sun blind. My problem now is that I won't be able to use end stops in the sun blind to prevent the awning sliding. Any ideas that others may have as an alternative would be really appreciated.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have used the "Tarpaulin" Anchors one each end of the awning and a short bungee strap. but it`s finding somewhere to tie off the Strap?.

Pere

OP
OP
enjohn49

enjohn49

Free Member
Feb 15, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks for your reply. That's the main problem - I can do so at one end but I have nowhere to tie anything off at the other!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
My problem now is that I won't be able to use end stops in the sun blind to prevent the awning sliding.

My Omnistor awning channel has a stop on one end.. only discovered it recently when I was trying out the Kampa Air Pro
can't see how the awning will move once it's pegged and guyed..

or am I misunderstanding the problem ?

If you decide to fit an awning rail on the van, use Sikaflex .. and a just a few self tapping screws to hold while the Sikaflex cures.. it ill never come off

OP
OP
enjohn49

enjohn49

Free Member
Feb 15, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks for your reply. I have checked the awning channel on my Autotrail, but both ends are clear. When used in conjunction with a Kador strip and 8 track there is still lateral movement, even when pegged down. The problem is that the Kador strip can pull through the 8 track rail if it slides out too far. Having though about this as I have been writing, it may be the problem is with the 8 track and not the awning channel! Perhaps I need to find a way to prevent the strip from sliding through the 8 track?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back