maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Just wondering how many of you are CC and/or C&CC members? And why did you decide to join?

I'm thinking of joining one or the other, mainly for access to their CLs/CSs - but then got to wondering whether these smaller sites are suitable for larger motorhomes (28 foot). What's been your experience of pitch size and site access?

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
club

hi there maz,we are members of the CC and the C&CC.We use the CC more,nice sites good facilities and the cl,s are good:thumb:can be a bit size restrictive but we have never had any problems.we joined the C&CC so that we could use arrival the RAC breakdown scheme:thumb: regards brian jo and josh

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
C&CC, seem more relaxed and we're 28ft too and never had a problem yet.

Did join CC first year but not so keen, we were but 22ft then and the first and only site we went to were not to welcoming, C&CC never batted an eyelid so to speak.

C&CC as Brian says gets you the arrival scheme for recovery which covers you not the vehicle so one cover for cars as well if you like.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I joined the CC because a mate told me to. He said he'd get a freebie if I did. It turned out to be £5 which he used as part payment for a pitch he was unfortunately not able to use. Only used one of their sites so far but the quality is good. So I may renew for another year.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Maz, we joined the C & C Club and never use the club sites, but have used the CS sites and we like the THS ( Temporary Holiday Sites ). They are held all over the UK and you just turn up, they may run for a month and no booking and stay as long as you wish.:thumb:

And as said the RAC Arrival is the Club’s breakdown and recovery scheme for members with no size limit. :Smile:

We have just joined the Motor Caravanners Club again after 4 years, as we are trying to stay local as much as we can for weekends away, and like all the clubs they have their local groups but you can attend any meets all over the country with any group. :thumb:

We have been members of the Caravan Club, and they have some great CL sites but found the club site wardens a bit jobs worth.:RollEyes: But that was a long while ago and we had a caravan. ::bigsmile: Bob.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've been members of the CC since we bought the van in 2006. We've stayed on several of their sites but only one CL.

Experience over the last couple of years, though, of staying at rallies etc has convinced us we simply don't need many facilities during much of the year so we are looking to stay at more CLs.

To that end we're going to join the C&CC as well this year as they have better CS coverage in some areas we want to go to plus we've heard good reports of the THSs.

Some people complain about the attitude of wardens but we have never, ever, had a problem.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We joined the c&cc because it offered the Arrivals Breakdown and Recovery service. Never had a problem with them and we use their sites regularly. We are 24 foot but Ive seen a lot bigger.
Jim
:Smile

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We are in the cclub and c&cclub gives us a wide choice of main and and cl sites.
We have a 9m RV and our last RV was 10 m , never had an access problem even on the tightest of cls.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We are in both but dont use the main sites but we do use cl/cs and the ths plus the pet insurance

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thanks everyone for your replies. Sounds like the C&CC may be the one for me.

One other question: their website campsite finder gives prices for 2 adults plus 2 children - no mention of any discount for singles. Anyone know if there is one?

Dingray

Free Member
Dec 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
CB
Exp
Since 2000
Camping fees

Hi Maz
The fees are PER PERSON PLUS PITCH FEE, been a member of both for 20+ years
and solo with no problems,
Ray

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I'm a member of the C&CC and use both club sites and CS sites. Haven't tried a THS yet. I joined because I was a newbie, don't have full facilities on-board and it's nice having a chain of sites with proper hardstanding available for most of the year.

Not had a problem with wardens. The C&CC now owns the Forest Holiday sites as well, so you get a small discount for those (watch out for the peak and bank holiday slots though...eye watering price hikes at some sites).

Never had a problem with pitch size :winky:

One other question: their website campsite finder gives prices for 2 adults plus 2 children - no mention of any discount for singles. Anyone know if there is one?

The C&CC sites are priced per person, but the site finder gives CS prices for 2 adults + 2 children, which isn't very helpful. The only way to find out if there are discounts is to contact the CS directly.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We are cc members, though I hear that CCC is better. The sites owned by CC are very nice and clean - as with all clubs, some wardens can be a little OTT, others are very nice indeed. Most of the wardens we have met have been very helpful.

Prices vary alot and are always plus everything - do check around the locality as many sites can be much cheaper with extras included. Typical CL example was one that quoted £18 pitch, £4 per person £1 dog £3 ehu making it £26 per night.....which is pretty average rate for any park. 1/2 a mile down the road, another site £8 a night, £2 ehu. no other charges.

We have used the club once or twice.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
We tried a camp site once, not sure what type but we did not like the Gruppen Furer type discipline so we have never been back.

Doug...

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
We are cc members, though I hear that CCC is better. The sites owned by CC are very nice and clean - as with all clubs, some wardens can be a little OTT, others are very nice indeed. Most of the wardens we have met have been very helpful.

Prices vary alot and are always plus everything - do check around the locality as many sites can be much cheaper with extras included. Typical CL example was one that quoted £18 pitch, £4 per person £1 dog £3 ehu making it £26 per night.....which is pretty average rate for any park. 1/2 a mile down the road, another site £8 a night, £2 ehu. no other charges.

We have used the club once or twice.

Typical CL (certified Location) £26 per night??, Are you sure, Pitch £18 ?? most I've seen for the pitch is £8.10

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Typical CL (certified Location) £26 per night??, Are you sure, Pitch £18 ?? most I've seen for the pitch is £8.10

mmm! Our thoughts entirely - and why a hasty retreat was in order. I t was end of peak seaon, but that just wasn't right!

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
We are in the CC but only for the CL's. I have never been on a club site and neither would I ever want to. They sound horrible. CL's are superb and I think the CC ones are often better and cheaper than CS sites. We do use the Caravan and Camping club CS sites occasionally but we are not members. They ask if your a member and if your not they still let you on. They are supposed to give you a form to join but nobody ever does. The CC are more strict and you need to be a member to search the website.

We toured the Southwest in September for a month and just used CL's. Some were wonderful and had loads of space. Average cost per night was about a fiver. No problem for a large Motorhome, just check the access when you book. On quite a few we had the place to ourselves. One near Ilfracombe was fanastic, had a sea view and was £4 per night. We were the only people there. Just down the road was a CC Club site that was £20+ and was packed. We went there for Fish and Chips and it was just very regimented and clinically clean but not my idea of fun! I just dont understand what the appeal is frankly.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I'm in both and the Motorcaravanners Club. Heading to a CC club site on Friday (they've been very helpful so far) and booked onto a CC site in May but only because I need to be as near to Coniston as possible so wait to see what the wardens are like. Friends of mine have been members of both and they have nothing but praise for the CC.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thank you to everyone for your input. I have decided to join the C&CC, and will maybe add the CC later on.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We are in both clubs, membership isn't expensive. CC sites marginally better than C&CC sites though both are upgrading facilities on an on-going basis. Only met one hitler of a warden and that was C&CC.

rgds
Bill

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have today left the Caravan Club after being a member for many years (30 I think).:Angry:

They managed to cock up my direct debit when I changed bank account and kept sending me reminders.
I haven't stayed on a site for ages because they're usually booked up months ahead by members who don't turn up, and they are generally rather regimented.

Many sites are now £30+ per night, which is a lot more than I like to pay.

CLs are useful but C&CS have lots so I'll just use theirs for a bit.

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Member of both. having doubts about renewing CC at the moment due to lack of availability. everything seems to be booked up months in advance for the caravan club sites at weekends. Did manage to get on last weekend by phoning, but its disappointing that I dont seem to be able to book anywhere.

I joined as Im new and thought I might as well give both clubs a try to find out what they offered....

-

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
Im wont be renewing my CC this time. Only used two of their sites last year, and veered away from a couple more as they appeared too regimented. The CL's are good, but not worth renewing just for these imo. And, they dont ask about membership half the time. Im going to give the CC&C a go this year, but im more than happy with the plethora of indie sites we used last year - where prices and usability were easily as good as owt the CC has to offer.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Again, thank you for your replies. It is really only the CLs that I'd be interested in so think I'll leave the CC out this year and see how I get on with the C&CC. :Smile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Again, thank you for your replies. It is really only the CLs that I'd be interested in so think I'll leave the CC out this year and see how I get on with the C&CC. :Smile:

Anpther one that came recommended to me was 'Pubs' apparently it costs £30 tp join, and you get a huge list of pubs that will allow you to stop in their car park for free!

Only proviso is that you go in a buy a drink. Some have hook up, some not, but works out a cheap place to stay overnight and have a meal - saves firing up the cooker!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We got ads count on our insurance

We got a discount on our RV insurance and 10% off our euro tunnel charges and a discount on sites of the CCC ... We did join CC for one year.. Cancelled subscription, not friendly towards RV's.

Discounts just about pay for the annual fee we pay, we use some of the main sites now and then.

The magazine they produce is rubbish.. The DA meets we found were miserable and not friendly ..including the motor home section, caravan section the pits.

Everyone as there own views..me an end to a means that is all

Bob:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back