In The Club?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by maz, Jan 28, 2011.

1. maz

maz Funster

Just wondering how many of you are CC and/or C&CC members? And why did you decide to join?

I'm thinking of joining one or the other, mainly for access to their CLs/CSs - but then got to wondering whether these smaller sites are suitable for larger motorhomes (28 foot). What's been your experience of pitch size and site access?

2. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

club

hi there maz,we are members of the CC and the C&CC.We use the CC more,nice sites good facilities and the cl,s are good:thumb:can be a bit size restrictive but we have never had any problems.we joined the C&CC so that we could use arrival the RAC breakdown scheme:thumb: regards brian jo and josh

3. Dodgey

Dodgey Funster

C&CC, seem more relaxed and we're 28ft too and never had a problem yet.

Did join CC first year but not so keen, we were but 22ft then and the first and only site we went to were not to welcoming, C&CC never batted an eyelid so to speak.

C&CC as Brian says gets you the arrival scheme for recovery which covers you not the vehicle so one cover for cars as well if you like.

4. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

I joined the CC because a mate told me to. He said he'd get a freebie if I did. It turned out to be £5 which he used as part payment for a pitch he was unfortunately not able to use. Only used one of their sites so far but the quality is good. So I may renew for another year.

5. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi Maz, we joined the C & C Club and never use the club sites, but have used the CS sites and we like the THS ( Temporary Holiday Sites ). They are held all over the UK and you just turn up, they may run for a month and no booking and stay as long as you wish.:thumb:

And as said the RAC Arrival is the Club’s breakdown and recovery scheme for members with no size limit. :Smile:

We have just joined the Motor Caravanners Club again after 4 years, as we are trying to stay local as much as we can for weekends away, and like all the clubs they have their local groups but you can attend any meets all over the country with any group. :thumb:

We have been members of the Caravan Club, and they have some great CL sites but found the club site wardens a bit jobs worth.:RollEyes: But that was a long while ago and we had a caravan. :BigGrin: Bob.

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We've been members of the CC since we bought the van in 2006. We've stayed on several of their sites but only one CL.

Experience over the last couple of years, though, of staying at rallies etc has convinced us we simply don't need many facilities during much of the year so we are looking to stay at more CLs.

To that end we're going to join the C&CC as well this year as they have better CS coverage in some areas we want to go to plus we've heard good reports of the THSs.

Some people complain about the attitude of wardens but we have never, ever, had a problem.

7. madbluemad

madbluemad

We joined the c&cc because it offered the Arrivals Breakdown and Recovery service. Never had a problem with them and we use their sites regularly. We are 24 foot but Ive seen a lot bigger.
    Jim
    :Smile

8. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

We are in the cclub and c&cclub gives us a wide choice of main and and cl sites.
    We have a 9m RV and our last RV was 10 m , never had an access problem even on the tightest of cls.

9. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

We are in both but dont use the main sites but we do use cl/cs and the ths plus the pet insurance

10. maz

maz Funster

Thanks everyone for your replies. Sounds like the C&CC may be the one for me.

One other question: their website campsite finder gives prices for 2 adults plus 2 children - no mention of any discount for singles. Anyone know if there is one?

11. Dingray

Dingray

Camping fees

Hi Maz
    The fees are PER PERSON PLUS PITCH FEE, been a member of both for 20+ years
    and solo with no problems,
    Ray

12. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

I'm a member of the C&CC and use both club sites and CS sites. Haven't tried a THS yet. I joined because I was a newbie, don't have full facilities on-board and it's nice having a chain of sites with proper hardstanding available for most of the year.

Not had a problem with wardens. The C&CC now owns the Forest Holiday sites as well, so you get a small discount for those (watch out for the peak and bank holiday slots though...eye watering price hikes at some sites).

Never had a problem with pitch size :Wink:

The C&CC sites are priced per person, but the site finder gives CS prices for 2 adults + 2 children, which isn't very helpful. The only way to find out if there are discounts is to contact the CS directly.

13. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

We are cc members, though I hear that CCC is better. The sites owned by CC are very nice and clean - as with all clubs, some wardens can be a little OTT, others are very nice indeed. Most of the wardens we have met have been very helpful.

Prices vary alot and are always plus everything - do check around the locality as many sites can be much cheaper with extras included. Typical CL example was one that quoted £18 pitch, £4 per person £1 dog £3 ehu making it £26 per night.....which is pretty average rate for any park. 1/2 a mile down the road, another site £8 a night, £2 ehu. no other charges.

We have used the club once or twice.

14. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

We tried a camp site once, not sure what type but we did not like the Gruppen Furer type discipline so we have never been back.

Doug...

15. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Typical CL (certified Location) £26 per night??, Are you sure, Pitch £18 ?? most I've seen for the pitch is £8.10

16. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

mmm! Our thoughts entirely - and why a hasty retreat was in order. I t was end of peak seaon, but that just wasn't right!

17. maz

maz Funster

Thanks for that - it's the CSs that I'm interested in.

18. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

We are in the CC but only for the CL's. I have never been on a club site and neither would I ever want to. They sound horrible. CL's are superb and I think the CC ones are often better and cheaper than CS sites. We do use the Caravan and Camping club CS sites occasionally but we are not members. They ask if your a member and if your not they still let you on. They are supposed to give you a form to join but nobody ever does. The CC are more strict and you need to be a member to search the website.

We toured the Southwest in September for a month and just used CL's. Some were wonderful and had loads of space. Average cost per night was about a fiver. No problem for a large Motorhome, just check the access when you book. On quite a few we had the place to ourselves. One near Ilfracombe was fanastic, had a sea view and was £4 per night. We were the only people there. Just down the road was a CC Club site that was £20+ and was packed. We went there for Fish and Chips and it was just very regimented and clinically clean but not my idea of fun! I just dont understand what the appeal is frankly.

19. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

I'm in both and the Motorcaravanners Club. Heading to a CC club site on Friday (they've been very helpful so far) and booked onto a CC site in May but only because I need to be as near to Coniston as possible so wait to see what the wardens are like. Friends of mine have been members of both and they have nothing but praise for the CC.

20. maz

maz Funster

Thank you to everyone for your input. I have decided to join the C&CC, and will maybe add the CC later on.