Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hello to all,
Been lurking on this site for a while,and think I've already learnt tons more than £15 worth so have coughed up. Useless with technology,so apologies in advance if I mess up postings.
Haven't bought Moho yet,but will be doing so.
My priorities will be: layout,payload,build quality,but first may I ask a question that I haven't yet seen dealt with on these forums.
Q. I am 6ft 3in in my stockinged feet. Have seen figures for dimensions of motor homes but these are external.......where can I find out which have a decent interior height? Any advice welcome,including experience of other tall folk. Thanks.
Podney.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Welcome.......
Never seen any data other than in advertising blurb.
At 6'3" you may have to mind your head in most.
In general, roofs are around 50mm to 75mm thick so deduct that from the external height.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
My hubby is 6ft 2in and hasn't really had an issue in all the coach built or A class motorhomes. The only ones that a bit iffy is if they have an electric bed drop down over the lounge. He has been in a couple that touched the top of his head under the electric bed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Welcome.......
Never seen any data other than in advertising blurb.
At 6'3" you may have to mind your head in most.
In general, roofs are around 50mm to 75mm thick so deduct that from the external height.
I think the external hieght will be from the ground not the floor.

I'm 6.1 and haven't had any real issues

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:WelcomeFlag:my advice would be go and try as many as you can. The bed length is just as important and some can be shorter than 6 feet . Good luck and keep posting!!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hello to all,
Been lurking on this site for a while,and think I've already learnt tons more than £15 worth so have coughed up. Useless with technology,so apologies in advance if I mess up postings.
My priorities will be: layout,payload,build quality,but first may I ask a question that I haven't yet seen dealt with on these forums.
Q. I am 6ft 3in in my stockinged feet. Have seen figures for dimensions of motor homes but these are external.......where can I find out which have a decent interior height? Any advice welcome,including experience of other tall folk. Thanks.
Podney.
A few visitors to our Moho have been 6' plus and they remarked how much headroom with the bed stored up. However, you'd have to be 5' to walk upright when it's down but in reality you wouldn't want to but that's our Moho and it's getting on a bit now but I think when you are even contemplating then either travel around to agents or visit the motorhome shows. There are quite a few throughout the year. You'll then get a feel of what you like and what you really don't like.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
welcome animated smiley3.gif

OP
OP
Podney
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks to all for replying.
Yep,guess we'll just have to keep checking them out at the dealers,although will try to buy "private" when the time comes.
Seems that most dealers get pretty bad reviews from funsters,but that's another subject altogether.
Now to sort out a pic to take the place of PO!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am six feet four and have lived happily in motorhomes fulltime for over 25 years.

I did wear out the hair on the top of my head though... it must have been where I kept touching the ceilings.

JJ :cool:

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Not sure if you are looking at PVC but Globecar, La Strada and Adria do van conversions with the extra high roofs.
You will also need to check the bed sizes
Not much fun if the bed is too short
I'm 6ft 4in and the Globecar Revolutions suits me
It also has a shower that's big enough
May not be the layout your after though

Deleted User
have a Dethleffs trend, no problem bed length or that height. Juxst remember to take the high heels off and walk inside with slippers or sox. No problem. But then again, get inside a few, have a lie down simples!
Ian

macscrooge

Free Member
Oct 16, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2015
I'm six foot two and even our AS Symbol van conversion is ok-ish for headroom. As has already been mentioned, bed length is far more important.
The solution: look at a lot of vans and be ruthless about eliminating those which don't - wait for it - 'measure up'....

Spanda

Free Member
Jun 13, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
Hello to all,
Podney.

Our 6' 4" grandson fits nicely into out Swift Sundance - apart from where the A/C unit protrudes internally slightly below the roof line. He has to be careful there, but the rest of the van is fine. He can even sleep in the overcab - just about.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello.. welcome.

I can't help with the van but just bought a saw to lop my tree .. I could soon make you six inches shorter. :)

OP
OP
Podney
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks to all for the welcome and points made.
Over the years I've banged my head so many times I'm now completely bonkers,seems like I may be in good company with you funsters then. Is it mandatory to be a bit mad to join in the fun?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome to the fun.

Seems that most dealers get pretty bad reviews from funsters,but that's another subject altogether.
Now to sort out a pic to take the place of PO!
Thinks that is an over generalisation. There are good ones that get praised by many. We bought our new motorhome from Becks. One of the reasons we chose them was because of the good reputation they had here and on other forums. We found that reputation was well deserved.

OP
OP
Podney
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks peterc10,yes you're probably right I'm prone to a bit of that. And thanks for the comment re Becks. We're not too far away so will go and take a look,but enjoying 24degrees in Algarvian sun at the mo. Lots of mohos here at present and quite a few wilding.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back