In support of the Lake Garda meet next year (1 Viewer)

Nojazz

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Funster No
Hello all
We are currently on our way back to the UK and have visited Lake Garda, thanks to Hilldwellers help. We drove yesterday along the right hand side of the lake from Peschiera (where camping Butterfly is located) and arrived at the top end of the lake. We drove through all the lakeside villages and I would definately recommend a visit to Malcesine a very pretty little town (you can take the lake ferry to visit).There is also a cable car to the top of the mountain. The road is very driveable for motorhomes without problems.
The scenery at the top end of the lake is dramatic with towering mountains shrouded in mist and we can even see snow at the tops of some. We are camping in a town called Torbole at Camping Maroadi which is on the lakeside with a beautiful beach and a lovely village with some good shops and cafes. We chose this location as we have dogs with us and there is plenty of safe walking in the village. Some of the lakeside villages are just a narrow single road without safe walking for our dogs, so this suited us.
For all those going on next years trip you will be met with lovely locations and memorable scenery.
I will post some pictures when I return to the UK - my internet is not very fast at the moment.

Nojazz

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We are currently on our way back to the UK and have visited Lake Garda,
The scenery at the top end of the lake is dramatic with towering mountains shrouded in mist and we can even see snow at the tops of some.
For all those going on next years trip you will be met with lovely locations and memorable scenery.
I will post some pictures when I return to the UK - my internet is not very fast at the moment.

Nojazz

Thanks for that. I can't believe anyone could fail to fall in love with the place. Since starting the thread quite a few have popped up with things like "we go every year".

There was a hint of snow on the tops last year in May.

Is it nice and quiet now ? What is the weather like at this time of year ? Malcesini is certainly on my list, I love cable cars. It won't beat the Aiguile du Midi though.

OP
OP
N

Nojazz

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Funster No
Hi Brian
The weather in Garda is bright and fairly sunny, there are still some windsurfers using the lake and quite a few campers in the campsites.. It is cool but certainly not cold and at the north of the lake it seems that more shops are open than those villages further south. It is a great time to visit.

Nojazz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian
The weather in Garda is bright and fairly sunny, there are still some windsurfers using the lake and quite a few campers in the campsites. Nojazz

Good luck on the way home, some posted they were leaving Munich last week with snow in the air.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back