In search of Sun, Sea and Sangria! (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I didn't know you could overnight at the Alambra car park. Many thanks for the tip! Where did you book your visit, there seem to be several sites selling tickets on line but is there an official site?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I didn't know you could overnight at the Alambra car park. Many thanks for the tip! Where did you book your visit, there seem to be several sites selling tickets on line but is there an official site?
The onsite car park is Canpercontact 20894.
There is a link from the official Alhambra website to Ticketmaster, who sell timed entry tickets, we booked about 10 days in advance, but I'd try and book earlier if poss

Reactions: DBK

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'm sure that writing and transferring pictures can be a pain in the ar neck sometimes but I wonder if you realise just how much pleasure it gives to so many.......thank you very much in deed. Griff.

ps.......and squirty cream is for peasants and the Royle Family only.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Anyone who knows me will undoubtably know that I don't 'do' finger food.
But out of reverence to @peterc10, we decided today to go out, in search of Tapas!

A quick search of Tripadvisor, suggested that the number 1 place to eat in Totana was within distance. So she set off on our little folding bikes, in search of another culinary adventure.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The barman suggested that we try a selection of local specialties, so we ordered a bottle of local Tinto (red wine) and eagerly awaited the feast to come. I took the precaution on asking the barman if they served tripe or pigs trotters as we didn't like them, and he assured me that there were none on the premises.

The first plate to arrive was some warm, roasted and salted Almonds

image.jpeg

The second plate was four types of tortilla (Spanish Omlette) which included Potato and Onion, Pea, Aubergine and Spinach

image.jpeg

The third plate was a selection of tomatoes, roasted veggies and slices of dried Bonito (a meaty red fish like Tuna)

image.jpeg

The fourth plate contained Bacalao (salt Cod), pasties stuffed with scrambled egg and tomato and Aubergine fritters.

image.jpeg

The fifth plate was as assortment of sausages, hams, pork fat and cheeses.

image.jpeg

With fortitude and perciverance we ate the lot!

image.jpeg

I ordered a small coffee, which was served with some home made biscuits and chocolate

image.jpeg

What we particularly liked about the food was that it had (where appropriate) been home cooked on the premises.

At the end of the meal we played our usual game of Guess The Bill.

Including wine I guessed 60 Euro

How much do you think it was?

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
35€? Made me hungry going through your menu! Thanks for postingAlways enjoy. You had posted before me ! 22 how do they make any profit! ?
Being number one restaurant on Tripadvisor, I suspect they are always full, I'm also guessing that it's a husband and wife team, so wages are low.

The quality of the food was excellent, so the aren't skimping on ingredients or portion sizes

Sounds like a winner to me, hopefully @jumar will recommend to other visitors to Camperstop Torana?

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Being number one restaurant on Tripadvisor, I suspect they are always full, I'm also guessing that it's a husband and wife team, so wages are low.

The quality of the food was excellent, so the aren't skimping on ingredients or portion sizes

Sounds like a winner to me, hopefully @jumar will recommend to other visitors to Camperstop Torana?

We've never been there because we usually eat out after walking and so use the mountain restaurants or the local restaurant. We will recommend it now to people walking down to the town.

Thank you for trailblazing for us!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I would say under 20. Can eat tapas like a king in Benidorm with a bottle of sparkling for peanuts. Can you put prices of all meals please

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I'm not a great finger food fan either but seeing that little array I think I could get them in training quite quickly.;)
I couldn't eat with my fingers either - forks are for eating
Fingers are for picking your nose with - simple !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I got a book of tapas recipes for Christmas and there is a huge variety of recipes. I've tried a couple of them - spicy potato wedges (dusted in paprika and cumin) and deep fried chillies. The latter were a lot better than I feared but next time I will use a milder chilli!

Tonight Mrs DBK is doing two more complex dishes, Moroccan chicken kebabs and stuffed peppers.

Broken Link Removed

Deleted User
The one thing I miss when we are in Portugal is the Tapas, love it, we have Tapas'd in most regions of Spain but never stay in one bar, move from bar to bar and sample the specialities.

We are in Cabanas de Tavira for about 6 months of the year now and one of the reasons (apart from loving Portugal and the Eastern Algarve in particular) is the ease of slipping over the border into Spain.

Train to V.R. Sto Antonio and then the Ferry to Ayamonte which has it's fair share of bars.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I couldn't eat with my fingers either - forks are for eating
Fingers are for picking your nose with - simple !
An Arab I knew argued that as he was responsible for washing his hands before a meal he knew they were clean but he couldn’t say the same about knives and forks in restaurants. You do have to take their hands on trust when having a communal meal with them though. It is quite normal for someone to pick up say a bit of fish with their fingers and plonk it on your plate if they think you are not eating enough!

It didn't kill me though!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
When u know what arabs do with there right hand, detol would be more appropriate. Says a man who lined in Iran for 3 years, 75 - 78 Bandar Abbas
Left hand for bum washing I thought but probably best not to pursue this line on here!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back