In praise of live music and Britstops

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Malcolm Bolt, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt Funster Life Member

Today we returned to UK from our winter sojourn to Spain and Portugal.
    We have had a fantastic time in our new to us RMB courtesy of our friend Snowbird.
    We arrived via 'my ferry link' and needed somewhere to stay - close to M40 to meet up with and collect Peterborough tickets from my Brother in Law ''Der Growler''. Brit stops suggested the Red Lion at Knotty green, Beaconsfield.

WoW what a night.

A bit of a scrape of the dropped tow hitch to get into the carpark but what the hell. Good plain food, real ale and live music a plenty.

For me open mike night means stand-up (and I bloody love it). This was to be music and I was a bit miffed. Pause.------ I had visions of lots of people who think they can sing but can't. ------ I know some folk think it is the best thing since sliced bread but I don't. [Lugnut's granddaughter is the exception here - she has a phenomenal voice and can perform/entertain like few of her age] . At The Red Lion it was good quality stuff. The 'Dolly Parton'' tribute artist was superb. Others performed material that we all remembered and were able to sing along to or at least mime.

T0 my mind the performance of the night was that of Jack Dean. He is young (that's relative), he is sincere, his lyrics are deep and mean something. I have no idea if I will hear his work again but if I don't I will be very, and I do mean very very sad.

Red Lion - good Britstop
    Jack Dean - haven't got the words - Watch Out

• Like Like x 9
  2. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

That's great to hear - but I'm not sure it's good "policy" to identify a Britstop location to those of us who haven't (yet) bought the book?

3. keith

keith Funster

Yes Steve asks that you do not give the identity of a Britstop other than by number.

4. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

You should get the book, there are lots of great places to overnight if you want something different.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad Funster Life Member

I probably should get the motorhome first :rofl:!

• Like Like x 3
  6. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

now that is a great idea.

7. Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt Funster Life Member

Yes, quite correct. My error, Steve you have my sincere apologies. I know it is no excuse but I had consumed a considerable volume of rather good cask ale.

• Like Like x 2