Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If you buy a new Kia with built in sat nav it has old maps , but you can have it up dated for free at your dealer if you live in Europe. Yes you guessed it uk is not in Europe you have to pay to have it up dated. Funny old world.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
If you buy a new Kia with built in sat nav it has old maps , but you can have it up dated for free at your dealer if you live in Europe. Yes you guessed it uk is not in Europe you have to pay to have it up dated. Funny old world.
Hmmmm, methinks they would be told to stick said Kia where the sun don't shine.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Preparing for 2017 ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Oh Gee thanks. I've got a Kia with a sat-nag and thought it was gratis :(

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
It's a bit like the EE package i've got which says free calls within Europe, but when I phoned France from England it cost me over £30:xsurprised: :xangry:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It may come as a surprise to the Koreans but UK has been in European community since early 70's and was a founding member...

Probably its the UK franchise taking the pi$$ big time!lol..just like UK motorhone franchise operations:cautious: who think nothing of adding £30k + when a rhd cab costs 2K more..Oh forgot about the oven & carpets:D

Last edited:

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
As long as most Brits including the meedja speak/write of Britain and Europe what do you expect?

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Geographically speaking the U.K. is not & has not been part of Europe since the English Channel & North sea were formed, Europe is a continent & the definition of a continent is a land mass uninterrupted by water.

The U.K. / Great Britain is an island nation.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Had a Kia Sorento (Had 4,loved them) All bells and whistles. On a mission to Faro from up near Coimbra. Reason you ask ?. First wife night before. "Stop checking up on me,leave things alone!" I... Saw "A "? Passport on the table........Thinks?.LEAVE it .
Had dropped her off for the train to Faro airport,just out of the Car park,phone goes..... "I have brought your passport,can you bring mine down to Faro? .... " Fire up the Quattro....ooops Sorento LOL
Getting along niocely at Mega Warp speed factor 10,Sat nav says.."Take the next right in 100yds..... WOOOOSH" to late,anyway, it was into a service area,this continued to happen until i turned it off"
So,if you have read this far.
Take it into your dealer and say its doing the above/got a glitch... It will come back reprogrammed....simple. As said in a post above,it could be the dealer,all my dealings were with Draycotts.Sutton in Ashfield,if ever we come back,it would be my first port of call,service second to non.
Tea Bag

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Small claims court summons (serve it on both the dealer and Khia itself). Cost you only a few quid for an online claim. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome Simple.

Whether an island nation or otherwise, the UK is within the continent of Europe, even if we don't form a part of the continental European landmass.

"I cannot stress too much that Britain is part of Europe – and always will be" - Boris Johnson 26th June (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...much-that-britain-is-part-of-europe--and-alw/)

You will get your claim costs back, together with a satnav upgrade. If they don't like it, then they can always appeal to the EUCJ ;)

Last edited:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It's a bit like the EE package i've got which says free calls within Europe, but when I phoned France from England it cost me over £30:xsurprised: :xangry:
Yes, same here. Apparently it does Europe to UK, Europe to Europe but NOT UK to Europe. Mugged in broad daylight again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back