Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia A class 840 BD
Exp
Since 1996
This will be third import from Germany.I am collecting my new Frankia A class mid May.
At present i insure my Frankia with Comfort .Unfirtunately they will no longer insure a personal import-only if imported by a dealer!!
Only Safeguard will give me a quote,but at nearly 3 times my current renewal price with Comfort.
My dealer is getting cover to the port.Safeguard will insure on a Chassis number until it is registered.But at over £ 800 !!Ouch.
Any alternatives any body can recommend please.
Cheers.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Try NFU, I insured our Hymer with them and once it was registered I changed back to Comfort, NFU don't have any cancellation charges.
Also Safeguard have a habit of quoting high intial & renewal price but will often price match, so worth getting a few quotes then going back to them. Safeguard will always be a bit dearer than Comfort if you don't need breakdown cover as it is included in their policies and is not an option.

OP
OP
B

BJKD

Free Member
Sep 21, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Frankia A class 840 BD
Exp
Since 1996
As i always fit a Thatcham Cat 1Alarm which has been enough of a Security Device-now Comfort wanted me to have a Trackerfitted .The cost of the Tracker alone is over £ 700 on top of a similar figure for the Alarm.
I will try NFU-but will have to wait until the 25thas they are unable to give a quote before 30 days before the policy is due.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back