Importing from Germany (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've read most of the posts I can find on the forum concerning this, and they are most helpful. I'm looking for a sub 40,000 euro PVC.

Most of the heavily discounted vans on mobil.de seem to be last year's models. Is there much chance of getting such a discount on a 2016 van later in the year, and how amenable are the dealers to discounts? What sort of discount could you get in say France or Spain? The french do not seem to price the vans you see on display, it seems you have to ask the price. Difficult when your french is not good.

How can you be sure that the dealer you choose to buy from can be trusted with all that money, is there a trade organisation you can look for? I'm thinking in terms of avoiding those Gumtree-type scams.

I read somewhere that there was an insurance company that would insure fully comp for the drive back to the UK - am I imagining things? Also, do you get temporary trade plates from the dealer?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Might be an idea to contact @Judgemental as he's done this a lot.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Forget about Spain they have a 10% import duty on imported Motorhomes. Belguim is the easiest country to deal with closely followed by Germany. Discounts will be higher on 2015 vans at the moment as 2016 vans are just coming into stock so they won't discount them much until they have cleared the 2015 stock. On a factory order you can expect 10-15% discount on an already lower price & you don't get ridiculous UK delivery prices. Germans & Belgiums are used to exporting so easier to deal with than the French.
Buying in Belgium, dealer will drive the van to the port so makes insurance easier, Eddie (Judgemental) has one tame German dealer that can arrange fully comp insurance & there is a Dutch company that will do it, but that is expensive.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'm actually just on my way home from collecting my new PVC in Germany, I can answer any questions once home as I'm currently parked up at Vanbitz to get some work done tomorrow and can't get the wifi to work so just on the phone. Should be home early Tuesday

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've look at the Calais dealer's site, but of course there's not the choice that there is on mobile.de. Waiting till later in the year does seem the way to go, thanks for that advice.

I'm actually just on my way home from collecting my new PVC in Germany, I can answer any questions once home as I'm currently parked up at Vanbitz to get some work done tomorrow and can't get the wifi to work so just on the phone. Should be home early Tuesday

Vanbitz Taunton? it is just down the road! Well 50mins. Yes, I would be very keen to hear your experiences, either on the forum or under conversations.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hope it's all an more than you expected!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If y
I've look at the Calais dealer's site, but of course there's not the choice that there is on mobile.de. Waiting till later in the year does seem the way to go, thanks for that advice.

Vanbitz Taunton? it is just down the road! Well 50mins. Yes, I would be very keen to hear your experiences, either on the forum or under conversations.
ig you where closer you could have popped over to see the van and paper work to sere how easy it's been so far

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
If y

ig you where closer you could have popped over to see the van and paper work to sere how easy it's been so far
I could come over in the after if you are still there. I'm busy in the a.m. It's not too far considering the money involved in buying a van.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I could come over in the after if you are still there. I'm busy in the a.m. It's not too far considering the money involved in buying a van.
Hi just got your reply in in Tauton just now and will be walking back to Vanbitz after lunch leaving town about two

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
OK, thank you, and obviously I cannot make it there by then, perhaps we can 'talk' later after your return. Best wishes and bon voyage.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I won't be leaving Babbitt until about 4 so if you stay north I don't mind stopping off for a chat I'm heading up the M5 if not feel free to pm me anytime.
OK, thank you, and obviously I cannot make it there by then, perhaps we can 'talk' later after your return. Best wishes and bon voyage.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can you two please just get a room! :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back