Importing a German camper into France (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hello Val

Don't know what year your Hymer is, ours is 1992 the same as Wintonian.

Have received a prompt reply from Hymer Germany -

Unfortunately, we cannot issue a Certificate of Conformity for your vehicle. In the attachement, you will find a technical data sheet for the vehicle.

If this isn’t sufficient fort he French authorities, please let us know, so we can look what we can do.

If they can't issue a CoC as the manufacturers then who can? Not sure if it's due to age or a misunderstanding.

What occurred to me is perhaps Hymer in each country where ever you try to register can arrange for something for that country? But there's me thinking we are all in the EU with identical paperwork.

I also tried to contact Wintonian but to no avail. There is a link to his website so will write direct, I'll let you know if I get a result.

I'll be very interested to know what format your Hymer CoC comes in, for example details of the habitation only or as mine technical specs such as dimensions, No. of seats etc. Maybe you will be so kind as to let me know when you receive it if you don't mind.

If you want to see the Technical Data sheet I have from Hymer them just pm me and I'll send it through.

ValinFrance

Free Member
Nov 1, 2011
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi
Thanks for your post, we were under the impression it has to be issued by Hymer France (at Cernay nr Mulhouse). We are eagerly checking the post each day but its only been a week or so... will keep you posted on the situation....

Val

p.s. Sunday Driver told us it has to be from Hymer France, ours is 1990

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back