Important Update Essex Meet all pitches now hardstanding car park (1 Viewer)

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Brian
Think Hog-roast---Beer----Funsters
How could you resist???
It's over a hundred miles from-us, but it's the nearest we'll have been to :thumb:

regards...nige

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

According to Autoroute 2010 its 39 miles and 39 minutes from where we are.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
It probably the closest meet or rally we have been too. On Home ground, about 40 miles still but a doddle compared to most journeys.

Cant wait, I dont think we have to worry about the times of the tide I think the causeway might be flooded if it keeps or raining, at least I have me little red boat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Pat

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi Braunston
It's probabley the same milage from here but that'd be straight across the thames. :ROFLMAO:
We had a look on Google-earth and if we launch our boat and go straight north we should damn-near come ashore at the camp-site, i recon if we did-it flat-out we might make the car-park :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

regards...nige

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Anymore coming to the Funsters Rally in Essex this weekend:Smile:

Plenty of spaces left

Waldegraves have allocated us the whole of touring field number 2 including use of the car park.

Motorhomes are to park either on the gravel road on within the car park by the toilets to avoid getting bogged down xxxx

Self Catering Holidays in Essex. Holiday Park, Mersea Island, Essex | Waldegraves

When booking please quote reference 21895 and state you are with motorhome fun.

Here is a map of the site

Link Removed

Prices are £12 per night any dogs are £2 per night.

On the Saturday night there is the end of season fancy dress party in the club house with a live band called Phyzical. (fancy dress is optional). It includes a hog roast which is free but let them now how many of you want the hog roast xxxx

There is golf and are fishing lakes on site and the sea is nearby so dont forget your tackle and bait

::bigsmile: We don't want you saying afterwards, I wish we had gone to that, get your name down and Gail will sort you out.:winky:::bigsmile: Bob.

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Oi Bob, stop telling everyone about the free piggy roast, they will all want to come:ROFLMAO:

Seriously, if any one fancies it you coudn't wish to meet a nicer bunch of folks, never been to a meet before? so here's your chance, why not dive in and give it a go, after all we don't bite:thumb:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Seriously, if any one fancies it you coudn't wish to meet a nicer bunch of folks, never been to a meet before? so here's your chance, why not dive in and give it a go, after all we don't bite:thumb:

Well not until midnight that is :ROFLMAO:

Pat

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
10 day weather forecast for the Mersea area sounds promising.

You can see it here

West Mersea - Foreca Weather

Lets hope the weather is kind to us xxxx

Will be leaving Friday AM

I dont have mobile internet so if you want to post giving some idea of arrival time you are welcome to

SEE you all there xxxxx

and if you havent booked there are about 5 spaces left xxxx

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We hope to be leaving the Heathrow area at about mid-day.:thumb: It's about a 100 mile drive for us, we hope to arrive on site by 3pm.::bigsmile: A lot depends on how long it takes us to get through the M25 roadworks.:Doh:

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Gail, we should be there about lunch time,::bigsmile: :winky: hope we get a nice :welcome: from the Rally Marshalls.:Smile: Bob.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Gail

We will be probably be arriving around the 7pm mark. Depends on when Kevin gets home from work and if we can get over the causeway. Glad the weather looks good:thumb:

Sonja

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Well depends if we are there before everyone else bob rofl

But I think hot mulled wine - if I can find some will probably be the first order and lots of welcome cuddles to warm us all up

Followed by ???????????? FUN FUN and MORE FUN

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hello, we may be the first to arrive, as depending on the weather we will leave on Thursday afternoon.

I will put out the red carpet for you all, or the flags out:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If not we may be there by midday Friday.

Cant wait, bring it on, yeh:ROFLMAO:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Really looking forward to this. Junan No sure about Footie at the Clubhouse but it will be nice to meet.

Pat I expect more than the red carpet treatment - I will be expecting weather conditions, Causeway news and rescue in the little red boat if it comes to that.

I have loads of hot water bottles with me in case you get cold:ROFLMAO: and a rubber ring for Neil:Sad: Also new toy (Samsung NC10 notebook to show off)

See you all there.

Sonja

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
looking forward to arriving on saturday afternoon :thumb:

does anyone know if my boyfriend can watch the footie on sunday afternoon in the clubhouse :Doh:
xjx

Dont know, sorry Junan but am sure if not on site that there will be somewhere locally he can watch it xxxxx

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Hi All
Sheree doesn't finish work till 12,30 friday so we're hoping for a three oclock arrivall, but truth be told i doubt we'll get there before 4oclock :Doh:

regards...nige

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Waldegraves

Its not the muddy piches that worry me its that bl##dy great speed hump they got there, they're like mountains,:ROFLMAO: bound to ground out on that:ROFLMAO:
Ray n Geri

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I will be bringing a Kipor 1000 generator with me, :Smile: so if anyone is looking for one make sure you have..................::bigsmile:£160 in used notes,:RollEyes: and you can have it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi, I will be bringing a Kipor 1000 generator with me, :Smile: so if anyone is looking for one make sure you have..................::bigsmile:£160 in used notes,:RollEyes: and you can have it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

You sure you dont want to keep it just in case Bob :ROFLMAO:
Pat

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
looking forward to arriving on saturday afternoon :thumb:

does anyone know if my boyfriend can watch the footie on sunday afternoon in the clubhouse :Doh:
xjx

Just been to their website and it said all main sporting fixtures can be watched up sky there, but not sure if the team your boyfriend wants to watch will be covered, but you can ask.

regards Pat

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
The Bad News

Wont be online after 3pm today so use my mobile number if you need to get hold of me or contact Waldegraves who can telephone me with your message as necessary.

The Good News

Ive bought few bottles of mulled wine, plastic glasses and some cups enough for all of us so when you arrive there will be warm mulled wine and danish cookies to welcome you.

For all you who havent booked yet - YOU ARE MISSING OUT !!!! there are a very few spaces left.

For those of you where the journey is too far for a weekend jaunt we wish you a very safe and enjoyable weekend and we will be thinking of you xxx

Its been sunny all day today in London

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
important update essex meet 27 nov

Hi, should be there fri am. Got day off work.

looking forward::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
S.

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hello

We are here, bit windy and cold.

Grass not too wet, I have a sea view just.

Watch the speed bumps before you get to the site.

phone signal patchy, mainly 02 works the best.

Wifi on site but you have to pay.

Causeway should be okay as there not expecting too much of a problem.

Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back