Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Been looking into this myself.
Looks like get dealer to drive vehicle to train or ferry, the safeguard will insure on vin when in uk.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You can always insure with safeguard till you get it back and cancel (not sure why you are keen on them they have a great reputation and service) then cancel policy £25 charge and go back to your insurer. Bur as I said there are other companys

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You can always insure with safeguard till you get it back and cancel (not sure why you are keen on them they have a great reputation and service) then cancel policy £25 charge and go back to your insurer. Bur as I said there are other companys
I have a full timing policy with comfort and don't know if safeguard will insure a full timer as they share info, but will ask the question.
There will be a way to resolve.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If buying used from a reputable dealer you can get a DEKRA inspection in Germany etc.....Cost on my at 9 month old last panel van was £100, that covers all mechanical side in great detail. I bought last van unseen as I trust them and had loads of photos. It was in new condition at 9000 miles ( had been used by bosses son for company's European cycle tour/race) cooker etc....where unused..

Delilah

Free Member
May 31, 2016
Bath
Funster No
MH
a class Hymer
Exp
Motorhome New but experienced caravan her
I have bought hymer mh from dealer in germany i can bring it back on dealers export plates with 3rd party insurance is 250 euro he is throwing that in free and then i think can get cover adrien flux on vin no once its in uk, but i cant find any Fully comp policies to cover it to drive across europe anyone able to help?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
IF you're over 50, Saga insurance might cover you for 12 month use in EU countries.
I asked Saga for a quote when i imported the current van, they would cover me on the vin "Providing the wheels did on touch the ground" their words not mine.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
but i cant find any Fully comp policies to cover it to drive across europe anyone able to help?
Good luck with that! I tried everywhere and other than one very expensive Dutch outfit, no one will cover you fully comp until wheels hit the UK. Totally ridiculous situation. In the end I took the risk used ADAC cover for 3rd party and Rolling Home is now safe on our drive with British reg and fully comp insurance, so now I can drive it anywhere in Europe fully insured just like the original german owner could do on the German plates but mix the two? Computer says No.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back