Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:thumb:
Not sure if this is the right place for posting but ..............

Trying to find Insurance quote and the questions get more complicated:Sad:
Does anyone know what category immobiliser is on the 2007 Fiat 2.3
Multi-jet.
Is it classed as factory fitted or Category 1. It actually makes a difference to the quote :cry:
Darned if I know and nowt int' book.
Thanks

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
It is factory fitted and Thatcham category 2, category 1 is for alarms, category 2 for immobilisers etc etc etc. There is no such thing as a category 1 immobiliser, the category refers to the vehicle's security status under thatcham categories. So if its a Cat 1 it has a Thatcham certified alarm AND immobiliser fitted. if its cat 2 it only has the Thatcham certified immobiliser. On modern vehicles the immobiliser is built into the ECU and utilises a coded ignition key so it will automatically have a Thatcham Cat 2 immobiliser built in from the factory.

Confused yet? you will be!::bigsmile:

D.

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
It is factory fitted and Thatcham category 2, category 1 is for alarms, category 2 for immobilisers etc etc etc. There is no such thing as a category 1 immobiliser, the category refers to the vehicle's security status under thatcham categories. So if its a Cat 1 it has a Thatcham certified alarm AND immobiliser fitted. if its cat 2 it only has the Thatcham certified immobiliser. On modern vehicles the immobiliser is built into the ECU and utilises a coded ignition key so it will automatically have a Thatcham Cat 2 immobiliser built in from the factory.

Confused yet? you will be!::bigsmile:

D.

:roflmto: Thanks Dave...............I think,

so if the choice is ........F/Fitted.....or Cat 1.....or cat 2......

I opt for Cat 2 ???????????

Many thanks for explanation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
If you read the final sentence of my previous post you will see that you already have a factory fitted immobiliser and it meets the Thatcham standard so is Cat 2 certified.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back