Immobiliser

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Roxie&Dudley, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Roxie&Dudley

Roxie&Dudley Read Only Funster

I have an Auto-Trail Arapaho 2006.

I think my Thatcham Cat1 immobiliser is flattening my main vehicle battery when left for longer periods in storage. My insurance company advises that it is not de-activated (to maintain battery charge level) as this invalidate the cover as I have told them it is part of the MH setup.
    Questions:
    If this is the case should I have a separate battery, perhaps with a solar panel to top up.

Help appreciated

John

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

A solar panel would be a good idea. And the battery drain whilst in storage problem is a common complaint

3. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

I doubt the immobiliser is having any effect on the battery.

You don't say which type it is, Thatcham Cat 1 is just a certification standard, but on a vehicle that age I imagine it will be the manufacturers standards fit one which will be passive.

4. Clickem

Clickem Funster

I had a similar problem with a Cobra Cat I alarm. I removed the alarm from the insurance cover and the premium went up by £19 a year. Rather not have the alarm included than leave the insurance company wriggle room, to not pay up, if the vehicle had been stolen when the alarm was not on

5. Steve N Tracy

Steve N Tracy Funster

Thatchams Cat 1 is an immobiliser and alarm, Cat 2 is just an immobiliser there is small drain that will flatten a battery over a number of weeks, a solar panel will avoid this.

6. ultima

ultima Funster

Will my battery flatten on my 2007 Citroen relay when factory immobilizer on and central locking ?