Feb 5, 2016
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Private HGV
Exp
4 years
I have an Auto-Trail Arapaho 2006.

I think my Thatcham Cat1 immobiliser is flattening my main vehicle battery when left for longer periods in storage. My insurance company advises that it is not de-activated (to maintain battery charge level) as this invalidate the cover as I have told them it is part of the MH setup.
Questions:
If this is the case should I have a separate battery, perhaps with a solar panel to top up.

Help appreciated

John

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
A solar panel would be a good idea. And the battery drain whilst in storage problem is a common complaint

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I doubt the immobiliser is having any effect on the battery.

You don't say which type it is, Thatcham Cat 1 is just a certification standard, but on a vehicle that age I imagine it will be the manufacturers standards fit one which will be passive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I had a similar problem with a Cobra Cat I alarm. I removed the alarm from the insurance cover and the premium went up by £19 a year. Rather not have the alarm included than leave the insurance company wriggle room, to not pay up, if the vehicle had been stolen when the alarm was not on

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Thatchams Cat 1 is an immobiliser and alarm, Cat 2 is just an immobiliser there is small drain that will flatten a battery over a number of weeks, a solar panel will avoid this.

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Will my battery flatten on my 2007 Citroen relay when factory immobilizer on and central locking ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back