voyager14

Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
I'm a newbie, did have a Caravan about 8 years ago.
Started Camper up this morning and took it to local agent to fit 4 tyres and an oil change and filters.
He has brought it back to me saying he has been having trouble starting it on and off throughout the day and that the immobiliser light keeps coming on, after a while it goes off and it will start.
He has not touched any part of the electrics and cannot understand what the problem is.
The Bloke is well known to me and does all my work, I have 3 other vehicles, which he takes care of, so I believe him when he says, he has done nothing to it.
It's a Peugeot Boxer

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
I had similar on my Volvo and it was down to a bad earth. If it happens with you, connect a jump lead from the battery negative to a good earth on the bodywork and see if that helps things.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
While the engineer was underneath he may have inadvertently and quite innocently moved an Earth strap/wire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
voyager14

voyager14

Free Member
Aug 7, 2016
Kidderminster
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
I'm a newbie, did have a Caravan about 8 years ago.
Thank, for tips Guys. Managed to get away for the weekend, had the occasional problem when I stopped the engine, but it seemed to go again after a bit of turning the ignition off and on. It's a worry though will have to get it sorted.
Thanks again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back