Immobiliser light HELP

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by voyager14, Aug 11, 2016.

1. voyager14

voyager14 Funster

Started Camper up this morning and took it to local agent to fit 4 tyres and an oil change and filters.
    He has brought it back to me saying he has been having trouble starting it on and off throughout the day and that the immobiliser light keeps coming on, after a while it goes off and it will start.
    He has not touched any part of the electrics and cannot understand what the problem is.
    The Bloke is well known to me and does all my work, I have 3 other vehicles, which he takes care of, so I believe him when he says, he has done nothing to it.
    It's a Peugeot Boxer

2. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

I had similar on my Volvo and it was down to a bad earth. If it happens with you, connect a jump lead from the battery negative to a good earth on the bodywork and see if that helps things.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Badknee

Badknee Funster

While the engineer was underneath he may have inadvertently and quite innocently moved an Earth strap/wire.

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

In our case, of bad earth strap underneath, it was battery neg to engine block.

• Like Like x 2
  5. voyager14

voyager14 Funster

Thank, for tips Guys. Managed to get away for the weekend, had the occasional problem when I stopped the engine, but it seemed to go again after a bit of turning the ignition off and on. It's a worry though will have to get it sorted.
    Thanks again.