Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
My six year old X-250 3 button remote control key fob was looking a bit tatty so, for less than a fiver, I bought a new plastic shell case which is identical to the original. I transferred the pcb, ignition blade and battery holder to the new shell. Going out to the van the remote operated the doors as before, but putting the key in the ignition the immobiliser light stayed on and the van wouldn't start. The spare key worked fine.

Putting all the bits back in the original fob it worked perfectly.

I'm at a loss to understand why this should be and if anyone has any ideas I'd be glad to hear from them!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If you look very close at your old key fob at the inside you will find a very small responder.... You will need to put that into your new key as well...

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It looks like a large glass grain of rice (if that helps) and it is reasonably delicate. Treat it as you would treat glass.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I tried to paste a picture here but no joy.... If you google Peugeot transponder a picture will come up of where it is in the fob... Good luck

OP
OP
rolyk

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks guys. Had a look inside the old case and found the transponder, which is easy to miss unless you're looking for it. It's embedded in a clear sealant and can't see how to remove it without the possibility of damaging it so I guess I'll just have to live with the old fob. But very grateful for the swift replies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back