syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Two weeks before we go away and have spent the weekend cleaning and checking over the trailer.

It's looking spotless and very inviting except we've come across a problem. I was testing everything was working ok and discovered that when I put the hot water onto electric it is blowing the trip. It works on gas, but not the electric. Everything was ok when we shut it down for the winter!

Have tested down as far as the isolator switch on the outside and the switch was stuck in the on position so replaced it temporarily with another switch but that didn't make any difference. Have put the original back on as suspect it may be the immersion heater.

The trailer originally came from Niche Marketing. Any ideas where I can get a new immersion heater?

It's not a life or death matter - we can survive just using it on gas but would like to get it fixed.

Thanks.

Mick & Marion

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Niche should be able to advise.

unusual for an element to fail for no reason unless its been inadvertantly turned on with a dry boiler.
possible if the isolator was jammed on.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Have a look in the DIY sheds to see if its a standard element, if its an american you may find the english ones are too big.

I had that problem on the boat, element was in quite a small hole, I ended up having to buy a complete heater which I robbed bits off which I needed anyway.

Found a chandler who was 'stuffed' with one and got it for £90 and soleved all the problems.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Give greg a ring at niche, he should be able to advise you. It will be a Suburban boiler i would think some parts are available from abp they have a contact number on their web page. Also Suburban in the states are very helpful with pdf format info on instaltion and parts if you should need it, they emailed me the instructions for the furnace on my old one when it wouldnt work and a service manual for it

http://www.abp-accessories.co.uk/index.php

Link Removed

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
Also if no joy try Gold RV in Alton Hampshire the guys are extremely helpfull

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
syranara

syranara

Free Member
Aug 15, 2008
Northfleet, Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
5th wheeler
Exp
Just an update to let you know that we got a new immersion element and anode which has cured the problem. The switch I managed to repair myself. After searching around the internet we found a supplier at a very reasonable price from a shop on Ebay. They were dispatched and received within 2 days and the hot water is now working perfectly. Don't know if I should put the shop name - so if it's not allowed please delete it - but thought it might be worth a plug in case anyone else has any problems.

The shop is mobilervuk.

Now just need to change the exhaust on the Nav and repair a puncture and we'll be ready for the off on Thursday :roflmto:

See you in France!

Mick & Marion

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back