Imala upper rear marker lights, an anomaly??? (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
One for the Imala owners out there, mainly the 615 and 620 models but may be the same with others in the range. We have been touring France and Spain with our friends in their 16 plate Imala 615 for last two months often following them. On one occasion we were following their vehicle in poor lighting when they switched on their lights. My good lady commented the upper rear marker lights were at different heights, now we are talking 3 -4 inches nearside being the low one. Pointed this out to our friends who were as you can imagine none to happy. Then on a site we came across a 66 plate 615, yep same situation, then a 620 same same. The latter had awning fitted and the light fitting was just under it, perhaps the reason for the different heights. On each occasion the owners had not noticed the difference in height of these lights. How many of you Imala owners out there have noticed this and has anyone a theory as to why? The height difference is very noticeable when they are illuminated making for a lop sided look.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Looking at pictures of them the LH is definitely lower as you say it could be to accommodate an awning but why not keep them both the same? As there doesn't seem to be anything in the way on the RH

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Precisely our thoughts Alan, looks most odd and hardly balances things.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Ive got a Step ladder
My real ladder left when i was two:doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Attended the Tyne Valley 2017 model and Hymer launch this morning. Spoke to the senior salesperson about these marker lights hadn't even noticed them and was quite surprised. Then collared the Ex AT rep ( Chap called Lee worked for them years till moving to Hymer in the summer) He was also completely in the dark and had never noticed. I suggested that lower nearside probably lower to accommodate the optional awning which he agreed but aesthetically why the difference make both same height. Obviously designed by a committee.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back