Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Nooooooo! Our niceness goes with with us and emanates from within wherever we may go. (Gawd - I'm impressive sometimes). :hug::hug:

Ivy

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Calm down - I'm a Londoner really (just adopted in Yorkshire). :roflmto:

ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Have been following the thread and glad to discover all came right in the end with the exception of the lawn.

How great is our mhf that so many people offered help either by advice through the thread or by practical offers if they lived near enough. Whilst friendship like this exists there is hope for our country and for the world.

Norman

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Have been following the thread and glad to discover all came right in the end with the exception of the lawn.

How great is our mhf that so many people offered help either by advice through the thread or by practical offers if they lived near enough. Whilst friendship like this exists there is hope for our country and for the world.

Norman
ALL for just a £10 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I offered to bloody push the thing and you had a jeep!!!! You bugger:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glad its sorted mate, if you ever need owt, pm me and if I can help I will:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm amazed how good the jeep was. Once we put the MH in neutral, as all you lovely experts suggested, and just very gently pulled on the Jeep it came out.

Lesson learned, and I sure won't make that mistake.

I got some of those tyre gripper things that several of you kindly suggested. Problem was, by then it was so deep down it was impossible to get them anywhere near the bottom of the types, but I'm going to leave them in the MH and next time we're on soggy grass they'll be the first thing to go down.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

Norman

I have been telling EVERYONE about this wonderful forum - even if they don't have a motorhome :ROFLMAO:

My Dad thought I must have lost the plot trusting a load of strangers on the net, until I showed him it whilst we were having a celebratory cup of Yorkshire tea (of course). He was a caravaner back in the day and you could see him getting sucked in with all the interesting threads.

So, if some strange 80 year old guy - who doesn't have a motorhome - turns up on the forum, that will be my old man :roflmto:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh send him round to me. I'll give him a hug, haven't I got my own old man? The one who was held hostage at the garage yesterday because he got his credit card blocked. Just don't ask. Then he was spitting feathers down the phone at Santander because he didn't know the answers to his own security questions. I fear for the future. :Eeek::Eeek:

Ivy

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Oh send him round to me. I'll give him a hug, haven't I got my own old man? The one who was held hostage at the garage yesterday because he got his credit card blocked. Just don't ask. Then he was spitting feathers down the phone at Santander because he didn't know the answers to his own security questions. I fear for the future. :Eeek::Eeek:

Ivy

I'll send him round Ivy. He's on the outskirts of Bradford so not far to you :Smile:

Have you paid the ransom yet to get your old man released from the garage?

And as for him not knowing the answers to his security questions - I've been there myself. It must be a man thing :roflmto:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I paid them over the phone. What could I do? How could I explain to the dog that her best friend has been abandoned? The kids didn't mind too much, in fact they were trying to hide my credit card. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ivy

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Glad you got sorted.

Maybe if it happened again, it may be an idea to lighten the van a bit to help get it loose.

Then turn on all the gas taps and let it float out. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sorry couldn't resist.

June

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
AND

Where are the pictures?

I was looking forward to a laugh.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
And as for him not knowing the answers to his security questions - I've been there myself. It must be a man thing :roflmto:

Not a man thing, a Santander thing. When my Dad died his details were supposed to be taken off the joint account he had with my Mum. Santander deleted my Mum's birth date and left my Dad's as hers. Took years of problems with telephone banking before one of their call centre people made a mistake and let it slip.

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not a man thing, a Santander thing. When my Dad died his details were supposed to be taken off the joint account he had with my Mum. Santander deleted my Mum's birth date and left my Dad's as hers. Took years of problems with telephone banking before one of their call centre people made a mistake and let it slip.

Amazing how many people seem to have problems with Santander.

My wife has a nice lump sum deposited with them. She tried to withdraw the money and it took three years to get it (similar problems to yours I think) and during that time we didn't get a penny of interest. She's written to the Financial Ombudsman about it she was so annoyed. And she was a banker for twenty years so if she struggles with these things what hope is there for us mere mortals.

But hey, I've got my MH back out of the swamp so I'm a happy camper now and nothing, not even bankers, will get me down for at least a week :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back