I'm after a capsule espresso coffee machine for domestic use. (2 Viewers)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We rarely eat out, don't smoke, don't drink apart from a bottle of wine a week between us and don't begrudge the small, to us, price of the coffee and the camp site fees. :)
I'm not knocking your way of life and how you do it, what I'm pointing out is for the time it takes to boil water grind beans make to whatever strength you want the old way is the cheapest and by far better tasting coffee. If I can save money to spend on other things by doing it myself then thats what I do. Not everyone does this, but as I say their/your choice.

OP
OP
GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Thanks for all your suggestions.

It was never a battle between fresh ground and pods - I agree that freshly ground produces the best coffee and at a much lower cost than pods but for me it's about me, solo, drinking no more than one cup a day which means that a third of the way through a pack of ground the rest has lost it's freshness so invariably ends up in the bin. Nothing worse than stale coffee.

Anyway, thanks again for pointing me to the podmachine that would suit me best.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I was so impressed with my Nespresso machine at home that I managed to get the slightly smaller machine for the van.

I will not put up with second rate coffee.......

Broken Link Removed
We also have the machine on the left with the milk heater/frother and its first class with a fantastic range of coffees including a good range of decafs!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for all your suggestions.

It was never a battle between fresh ground and pods - I agree that freshly ground produces the best coffee and at a much lower cost than pods but for me it's about me, solo, drinking no more than one cup a day which means that a third of the way through a pack of ground the rest has lost it's freshness so invariably ends up in the bin. Nothing worse than stale coffee.

Anyway, thanks again for pointing me to the podmachine that would suit me best.

I should have mentioned, you can also use coffee pods with the Gaggia Classic ...review here http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaggia-classic-2015-review

any generic coffee pod can be used.. they look like a tea bag

Broken Link Removed

example Broken Link Removed

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We bought some empty Nespresso style pods from Amazon and fill them with our choice of fresh coffee when we feel like it and that is a way of keeping the cost down. They are re-usable!

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
OP doesn't want to buy 'fresh' coffee because it will go stale before he uses it.
Capsules are expensive but are " economic" for infrequent use.
Allows one to have a selection of blends too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
A vote for Tassimo because of the range of coffees you can get, including decaf.

Having used one for a couple of years at home we bought a factory reconditioned one from EBay to use when in France.

Coffee is a personal taste so try before you buy if possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back