I'm about to buy a Burstner Aviano "Impulse" edition. (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I do not know this range at all, but an opinion on the engine

10 years ago Fiat would probably never have offered such a small engine, nobody would have bought it, but modern engines are amazing compared to 10 years ago, a 2.0 diesel even 1.6 will pull a large car very well, so 2.3 with a bit more weight but no need for speed should be OK

That said I have a 3.0 Mercedes and if I have the budget when changing I would be sticking with 3.0

But we are lucky to get 22mpg, I doubt a 2.3 could ever get that low

Nice looking MH though, which size / model are you looking at? (y)

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Lower Froyle, Alton, Hampshire Surrey borders
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
It's 7.59 meters and 400kg. I have a 12 month old Autotrail I am trading in that has the 150 and it's fine but the Burstner is heavier. Ideally I would choose the 3.0 litre but the deal i'm bing offered is on what's available!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
150 is probably enough horses but it depends on what and where the torque is. When we were tugging, I went from a 90 bhp Volvo to a 120 bhp model thinking it would tow better, it was worse. Things improved when I had it chipped but that's a whole new can of worms. Is there any chance of a decent test drive ?

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
I've got the 2.3ltr 150 provides plenty of power for our Knaus Sky i Plus (3,850kg), as David says "modern engines are amazing..." You'll also notice a big difference in build quality, but that's another thread ;) Bet you can't wait, enjoy! (y)

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Haven't quite committed as yet. Still negotiating but yes, looking forward to it. I'd like to have had time to sell my Auto-trail first as I'm losing a lot in just 12 months but really fancy the extra space of the A class.

sparky

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
bingley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class burstner aviano i
Exp
30 years
Hi I have a2014 aviano 2.3 on an automatic 4500kg seems ok only got 3000 miles so far but nice to drive but had it remapped from new last van was was3000 cc remapped had a lot more torque than this one

Wilderbeast

Free Member
Jan 20, 2012
Stockton on tees
Funster No
MH
"Hymer duomobil" B634 SL
Exp
Since 2011
Hi
We have a 2012 Aviano on the 2.3 130 engine and towing a smart car on a trailer no issues.
Will admit to a bit of gear shopping in the Gorges but nothing to serious as said earlier the new engines are remarkable in relation to cc .
Good luck

sparky

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
bingley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
30 years
Hi the 3000cc is a heavier engine so eats int the pay load of the van also quite a bit expensive

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Your not kidding, - the upgrade from the 150 to 3litre is £2k ! Hadn't thought about the weight issue. Something else to consider. I would have thought mpg would be better with big engine not working so hard.

sparky

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
bingley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
30 years
Hi not sure about mpg but my2.3 does the same mpg as my older 3000cc did on a run with fully loaded 3000 miles on clock automatic the best I did was 28 to gallon on a1 traveling at 60/65 readings by trip computer not fill to fill

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We have the 2.3 on our Aviano - plenty of power - for example on the climb up to Alpe du Huez - fully loaded mostly 2nd gear - We get very good mpg and pulls well in 6th gear -If you have a choice of dealers where you are buying from then Camper UK in Lincoln are very good and very experienced with Burstners - We would recommend them
Best of luck with your purchase

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
We are looking 2 aviano 717's and one is at CamperUK and yes, they are really helpful. Is yours a 717 or
bigger ?
I am a little concerned with the A class about not having a driver's door given how many times I jump in and out when parking on a pitch

sparky

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
bingley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
30 years
Hi I also miss the drivers door my elegance I 700 had both doors as standard but Ian getting used to it now I was at camper uk the other day for a recall and dean hyde one of the owners was telling me about new Burstner and swift shortages all the 2015 stock from manufactures have been sold I had to wait had to wait about seven months for mine camper uk is a exalant firm to buy and deal with let me now how you go on good luck

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Steve & Sue, don't know why your latest doesn't show here. Came through as an email ? Great reccomendation for Camper UK who are favourites at present. Note what you say about habitation door. Something I will have to get used to!!

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Lack of a drivers door is less of a problem than you think, there is so much room in the cab just ask SWMBO to swing her legs and pop out her side, simples! (y)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
We have an Aviano i684 from CamperUk, although 3.0l 160hp.
Build quality is best that we've ever had - compared to 3 Brit makes - and the service that we got from CamperUk was also the very best we have experienced.
Our is an a-class and we would not go back to a coachbuilt for a long time yet anyways!

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
My thanks to all who responded. Your comments were a great help.

I today purchased a 3.0 litre Aviano I727 from a local dealer. I was impressed with the reccomendations for Camper UK who had been very helpful but they are a 6 hour round trip away and I prefer to have a dealer within shouting distance where possible! I also feel more comfortable with the larger engine on what is, for me, a heavier M/Home.

Thanks again everyone.

sparky

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
bingley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
30 years
Hi nice one what's the spec is it auto or manual things that have gone wrong with mine fridge door alarm going off when door not open circuit board be hind light gets condensation on it board replaced bathroom door is very flimsy and comes off bottom runner wash basin comes loose and swivels( I hate this design of wash basin bad design hard to dry water neat tap) door stay on habitation door falls off I think on the 2015 models this has been done away with be carefull of the blind spot the bunny ear mirrors cause on round about junctions.if fitting a tow bar it might ground also getting on ferries it is very low at the back I had airride fitted to stop this

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hi nice one what's the spec is it auto or manual things that have gone wrong with mine fridge door alarm going off when door not open circuit board be hind light gets condensation on it board replaced bathroom door is very flimsy and comes off bottom runner wash basin comes loose and swivels( I hate this design of wash basin bad design hard to dry water neat tap) door stay on habitation door falls off I think on the 2015 models this has been done away with be carefull of the blind spot the bunny ear mirrors cause on round about junctions.if fitting a tow bar it might ground also getting on ferries it is very low at the back I had airride fitted to stop this

Poor old Norm, he did ask us before he ordered it, no good telling him now :D

OP
OP
Norm

Norm

Free Member
Nov 27, 2014
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since March 2014
Oh great! Thanks a bundle !!!!
It's a Burstner Aviano 727 Impulse. 3.0 litre auto
I'm happy to rely on all the positive feed back I received and trust all teething problems have been resolved.
QUESTION..The one thing we don't like is the oven. It's tiny and being above the fridge & freezer difficult to access for a little person. There's no where for a microwave so how do people manage? Any ideas ?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
One obvious answer is remove the oven and fit microwave in same place, but........

Our Dometic tower incorporates the oven, the controls are part of the tower, actually on the fridge, not as easy to isolate as it might look

But our oven in same position is hard to access I agree and I am over 6' and is also useless as an oven

sparky

Free Member
Feb 19, 2008
bingley yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
30 years
Hi we use our oven a lot not really a problem unless you are small the toast takes some time under the grill but gets there in the end never tried to do a roast tho we hardly ever use sites with hook up so a micro wave is no good although did run one on inverter in garage of my euromobil years ago hope you enjoy it when you get it if I can be of any help just ask regards sparky

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back