I'm about to buy a Burstner Aviano "Impulse" edition.

Discussion in 'Burstner' started by Norm, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Norm

Norm Funster

Any hints or tips as to what to look for ? Is the 2.3 150 engine big enough for the job ?

2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I do not know this range at all, but an opinion on the engine

10 years ago Fiat would probably never have offered such a small engine, nobody would have bought it, but modern engines are amazing compared to 10 years ago, a 2.0 diesel even 1.6 will pull a large car very well, so 2.3 with a bit more weight but no need for speed should be OK

That said I have a 3.0 Mercedes and if I have the budget when changing I would be sticking with 3.0

But we are lucky to get 22mpg, I doubt a 2.3 could ever get that low

Nice looking MH though, which size / model are you looking at? (y)

3. Norm

Norm Funster

It's 7.59 meters and 400kg. I have a 12 month old Autotrail I am trading in that has the 150 and it's fine but the Burstner is heavier. Ideally I would choose the 3.0 litre but the deal i'm bing offered is on what's available!

4. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

150 is probably enough horses but it depends on what and where the torque is. When we were tugging, I went from a 90 bhp Volvo to a 120 bhp model thinking it would tow better, it was worse. Things improved when I had it chipped but that's a whole new can of worms. Is there any chance of a decent test drive ?

5. Terran

Terran Funster

I've got the 2.3ltr 150 provides plenty of power for our Knaus Sky i Plus (3,850kg), as David says "modern engines are amazing..." You'll also notice a big difference in build quality, but that's another thread ;) Bet you can't wait, enjoy! (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Norm

Norm Funster

Haven't quite committed as yet. Still negotiating but yes, looking forward to it. I'd like to have had time to sell my Auto-trail first as I'm losing a lot in just 12 months but really fancy the extra space of the A class.

7. sparky

sparky Funster

Hi I have a2014 aviano 2.3 on an automatic 4500kg seems ok only got 3000 miles so far but nice to drive but had it remapped from new last van was was3000 cc remapped had a lot more torque than this one

8. Norm

Norm Funster

Thanks Sparky, That sounds like the answer. I had some doubts but if I have it re-mapped it should give me that bit extra?

9. Wilderbeast

Wilderbeast Funster

Hi
    We have a 2012 Aviano on the 2.3 130 engine and towing a smart car on a trailer no issues.
    Will admit to a bit of gear shopping in the Gorges but nothing to serious as said earlier the new engines are remarkable in relation to cc .
    Good luck

10. Norm

Norm Funster

Thanks. I'm seeing 2 new m/h's at weekend one with the 150 and the other with the 3.0l but there is a huge difference in the price. This has been a help.

11. sparky

sparky Funster

Hi the 3000cc is a heavier engine so eats int the pay load of the van also quite a bit expensive

12. Norm

Norm Funster

Your not kidding, - the upgrade from the 150 to 3litre is £2k ! Hadn't thought about the weight issue. Something else to consider. I would have thought mpg would be better with big engine not working so hard.

13. sparky

sparky Funster

Hi not sure about mpg but my2.3 does the same mpg as my older 3000cc did on a run with fully loaded 3000 miles on clock automatic the best I did was 28 to gallon on a1 traveling at 60/65 readings by trip computer not fill to fill

14. Norm

Norm Funster

That's better than I get in my auto trail 2.3 150. I averaged 23/24. I thought the 3 litre might be better. If not, it doesn't seem worth the extra cash ?

15. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

We have the 2.3 on our Aviano - plenty of power - for example on the climb up to Alpe du Huez - fully loaded mostly 2nd gear - We get very good mpg and pulls well in 6th gear -If you have a choice of dealers where you are buying from then Camper UK in Lincoln are very good and very experienced with Burstners - We would recommend them
    Best of luck with your purchase

• Like Like x 1
  16. Norm

Norm Funster

We are looking 2 aviano 717's and one is at CamperUK and yes, they are really helpful. Is yours a 717 or
    bigger ?
    I am a little concerned with the A class about not having a driver's door given how many times I jump in and out when parking on a pitch

17. sparky

sparky Funster

Hi I also miss the drivers door my elegance I 700 had both doors as standard but Ian getting used to it now I was at camper uk the other day for a recall and dean hyde one of the owners was telling me about new Burstner and swift shortages all the 2015 stock from manufactures have been sold I had to wait had to wait about seven months for mine camper uk is a exalant firm to buy and deal with let me now how you go on good luck

18. SteveandSue

SteveandSue Funster

Norm
    PM sent

19. Norm

Norm Funster

Steve & Sue, don't know why your latest doesn't show here. Came through as an email ? Great reccomendation for Camper UK who are favourites at present. Note what you say about habitation door. Something I will have to get used to!!

20. Terran

Terran Funster

Lack of a drivers door is less of a problem than you think, there is so much room in the cab just ask SWMBO to swing her legs and pop out her side, simples! (y)