Illegal Immigrants

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by kglblue, Oct 19, 2014.

1. kglblue

kglblue Funster

From the Ashford Herald.

TWO suspected illegal immigrants were spotted on an M20 slip road this morning.

The overhead signs warned motorists that there were pedestrians in the road.

Read more at http://www.ashfordherald.co.uk/Susp...2892700-detail/story.html#D47ZxDfatPLG63UE.99

Before we left to go through the tunnel for a 6 week tour of Europe, we read lots of scare stories about illegal immigrants targeting Motorhomes at Calais. The reports highlighted how dog owners were vulnerable because the wannabe immigrants waited at the Pet control area and climbed under Motorhomes. We were worried and were vigilant when we parked for the Pet passport to be checked and stamped. We saw no illegal immigrants at all, not a one, On previous trips we saw scores of them around Calais and in the Tunnel area, dozens seen trudging along the motorway approaches. This trip nothing, so it's either scaremongering or the authorities have done a fine job! We had a great 6 weeks, were there illegals? any reports from "funsters"

2. chaser

chaser Funster

We found the same a week ago , none

• Like Like x 1
  3. Larby

Larby Funster

Perhaps they are all over here now ?????

• Like Like x 3
  4. Daz n Tina

Daz n Tina Funster

Maybe they've checked the weather forecast and decided the land of hope, glory and free benefits ain't worth coming to in the winter so they are heading for the sun instead

• Like Like x 1
  5. happypre65

happypre65 Funster

Hi,They are still around,we stopped for some wine at the pidou and when i came out my wife said that about a dozen had gone in the back of a lorry,so we waited until the driver came out and he then he rounded up six drivers, who then went in the back and got them out ,they then went back in the bushes to wait for the next lorry to come along,and all the drivers checked under and in their lorrys,this is away from the port by a short distance,but they know it is a good place away from the security,so another way to do it ,so be carefull out there this is not the first time we have seen things like this,one part of Calais is full of makeshift tents full of them,regards.
    H

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

Praise be to GOD! (If there is one.) (y)

• Like Like x 1
  7. kglblue

kglblue Funster

Wer'e off again in April, meandering our way to Bordeaux, retired and loving it.
    You can't really blame the poor buggers for wanting to come to Blighty, land of milk and honey. Or so they think, according to newspaper reports I read, they can't get any benefits because they're illegals. But London is the draw, they can easily get work in the black economy, poor pay, no tax, no questions, whereas it's near impossible in Paris or Berlin. Apparently we are pretty lax so they make it their destination of choice. Course, I read this in the Daily Mail so it could be bullshit. Any way UK born and bred, it's like winning the lottery.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bertie Bassett

True. (y)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Tootles

Tootles Funster

I like it here. I dont like abroad. Seen enough of foreign eating habits to last me another lifetime. I will promise to stay here, but others must promise not to hide in lorries to join me. :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bertie Bassett

One day you and yours will come with us to a land of milk and honey where the women are wanton, the beer is always slightly chilled and the curries kill Ghurkas, until that time Skeggy'll have to do.:D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tootles

Tootles Funster

AMEN, Brother!! :party::party:

• Like Like x 1
  12. kglblue

kglblue Funster

Skegness, Whitby, Robin Hood Bay, proud to be British and a Yorkshireman.

• Like Like x 4
  13. jumar

jumar Funster

A British couple arrived at the camperstop here last week with a tag axle motorhome and told us that they stayed overnight at Calais before heading south. Twenty minutes into their journey they heard banging and shouting. They stopped to investigate and an illegal emerged from on top of the axle. They left him there on the motorway and made a quick exit. He obviously realised he wasn't on a ferry and didn't want to go to Spain. So there are still illegals trying to hitch lifts. Be aware.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr Colpot

Mr Colpot Funster

We popped over for the weekend last sat/sun and on Saturday stopped at Auchan in Calais. We saw a few wandering around and one in particular looking under motorhomes. I shooed him away from ours although we were on our way to Le Crotoy so he may have been disappointed. When we travelled back the UK Customs Guy asked us if we have left the Van unattended and I told him we had checked under and on top and he replied that they they had a couple of attempted stowaways that morning.

15. gillnphil

gillnphil Funster

Thank god for the English channel ! We are so lucky ?
    Came back from trek 2 weeks ago, saw lots of illegals, no problem though.
    Phil

16. marrod23

marrod23 Funster

Came back from dunkirk last week & had big problems getting our dog through due to the vet in england not dating his passport eventually with a lot of persausion he was allowed to travel got to dover 7am not a bloody soul in sight the place was in total darkness struggled to get my little dog back home but thousands of bloody imigrants could have just walked in happy travels Rod

17. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

In some ways it's easier to get benefits if you are illegal.

Arrive UK with no I.D, no passport.
    Claim you are at risk if sent home--name any country, no one can prove or disprove you come from there. Common story is family feud, dead fathers family want to murder you.
    Claim asylum.
    Sign on as you want to work-- you've given one name to the authorities but can sign on in several different towns, under several different names.
    It's well organised--- mini bus trips on signing on day, percentage of benefits handed over to organiser.
    Told to me by ex employee, at a Midlands benefits office.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bertie Bassett

I can vouch for that Holly, used to be run by Nigerian and Brit gangs, now run by Albanian and Brit gangs.

19. Rapido925M

Rapido925M Funster

Has Yorkshire expanded south of the Humber?

I always thought Skeggie was in Lincolnshire :LOL:

20. Geordies

Geordies Funster

Probably Yorkshire trying to assimilate Skeggy................................today Skeggy, tomorrow zee vorld !!