Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
Looking to be another sunny day down here at the Lazy Buzzard and Cornwall in general will be moving further on down today but a big thank you to Roger and all remaining funsters for their brief company and hope we meet again somewhere along the road ,safe journey to all ::bigsmile:
you need to go to peranporth what a great little resort that is its quiet and peaceful with no idiots there the few pubs that are there arnt much cop probably that's why its so calm and peaceful with plenty of shops and one pub that does an excellent meal the Cornish pasties are out of this world steve :thumb:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
you need to go to peranporth what a great little resort that is its quiet and peaceful with no idiots there the few pubs that are there arnt much cop probably that's why its so calm and peaceful with plenty of shops and one pub that does an excellent meal the Cornish pasties are out of this world steve :thumb:

Is on the route after Welcmbe and before Godrevy :thumb:

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Just wanting to say a big thankyou to Sue and Roger for their hospitality. Had a great time. Good to meet all the funstres that were there. I hope to meet you at future events. Enjoy
Kath :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Wildman's place.:Smile:

Attachments

• P1040801.jpg
    P1040801.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 57
  • P1040802.jpg
    P1040802.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 60

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The sun is shining and its a good time to thank those funsters that turned up. We had a great time, the company most excellent. I was pleased to see many of you getting out and about, enjoying the local attractions your constant use of the busses have educated the bus drivers as to the location of the lazy buzzard campsite and they all stop on request at the gate. All in all It was most relaxing.

The delivery service from various parts of the world was most excellent. It was like Christmas with deliveries of chicken manure for the garden, Cheers Kath, logs from Portugal that were expertly cut to show the grain to its best advantage, many thanks JJ. Fishing tackle was also deliverd by Kath thanks to Teddybard. Goondan collected and delivered a cadac from Chris in Kent, thanks to both of you. Last but not least Spud'nt delivered the sausage maker from Ivy loujess again thank you both. As things quieten down this week I'll have a chance to have a play in between bottling the beetroot and sorting the garden ready for our holiday in September

There are three funsters left on site and they have been lucky to see the local wildlife during their stay. I have bought a fibreglass pay booth that I was going to put a solar shower in but the chance of someone getting scalded puts the insurance costs through the roof. Having a think about it and have more or less decided to make a bird hide out of it overlooking a bird table. it will eventually keep two people out of the weather whilst birdwatching and a small bench will provide a stable position to put a camera tripod. so this winters project is thus sorted, Plus I have plans to add another water point in the rally field, (there is one there already).

A number of funsters have had bits and pieces in their vans fixed whilst here as per normal. I think next years meet will be a fix it meet maybe combined with a bring and buy, (if anyone has anything left after haggers bring and buy but being so far south I doubt it will affect things anyway).
Obviously next year I'll have to take more care to prevent the meet clashing with Malvern, the question is which side of it, after and before Shepton, or before what do funsters think.

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
The week before Malvern, then it would be a halfway house for us southerners... :thumb:

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Thanks to Roger and Sue

Thanks to Roger and Sue for their hospitality. Enjoyed our weekend and meeting new friends who we hope we will see again on other rallies. Lovely part of the country - hope to visit again.
Jan and Dek

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Oops

Apologies to Jolly Roger whom I forgot to thank in the post below though I did in person for bringing the logs down. Hopefully I'll get a chance later this week to turn a bowl or two from said logs.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
OK then the week before Malvern it is. Now what date is that and who wants to marshal it.::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The logs were QMJ eucalyptus' with a superb grain for my wood turning. Soon to be turned into fruit bowls.

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
It's been great fun and we are lucky enough to still be here - and the sun is still shining.. lovely part of the country though the narrow roads take a bit of getting used to!

Roger has spoilt us no end - anyone coming here will enjoy themselves no end. He's a great host!

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
The logs were QMJ eucalyptus' with a superb grain for my wood turning. Soon to be turned into fruit bowls.
how many are you making.when you've made them do you sell them on or for your own personal use. if you sell them how much do you charge for them and about what size are they very kind regards steve

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I have got a stack of Eucalyptus logs....

Just had a huge tree cut down, should keep my log burner going for a couple of winters...:winky: ::bigsmile:

Lot better quality than Portugese Eucalyptus... :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• P1030184 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1030184 (600 x 450).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 34
  • P1030186 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1030186 (600 x 450).jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 30
  • P1030187 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1030187 (600 x 450).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 31
  • P1030185 (600 x 450).jpg
    P1030185 (600 x 450).jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 30

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
the grain looks amazing Mo, shame they are cut such thin slices but if you want a bowl made from one pm me. or phone, better still drop in, hee hee. I'll try and do it whilst you wait.

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
the grain looks amazing Mo, shame they are cut such thin slices but if you want a bowl made from one pm me. or phone, better still drop in, hee hee. I'll try and do it whilst you wait.

Cheers Roger..... I`ll keep one by.. and take you up on your offer.. :thumb:

The ones that are loose are huge and about 10 - 12 inches thick (Ones with crisp packet on)

I`ll stick a few in the garage for you and get them up when I can.. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
split them across the centre of the crisp packet so that shrinkage does not cause splits so you end up with two moon shaped pieces then they will dry evenly

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
split them across the centre of the crisp packet so that shrinkage does not cause splits so you end up with two moon shaped pieces then they will dry evenly

Is that for burning or turning.. ?

Lyngary

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2011
Sudbury, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Roger for your hospitality which made for a very relaxed few days.

Gary and Lynnette

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Morning,

Is there any space on this rally? Only just seen it on Mo's post about deep sea fishing - Don't want to go deep sea fishing but would love to come to the Ilfracombe rally.

Hopefully you can fit us in.

Cheers

Geraldine

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Morning,

Is there any space on this rally? Only just seen it on Mo's post about deep sea fishing - Don't want to go deep sea fishing but would love to come to the Ilfracombe rally.

Hopefully you can fit us in.

Cheers

Geraldine
Hi there will be plenty of space as we have room for over 200 vans, hee hee The dates are now 8-13th August further details and list to be started soon. I look forward to meeting you.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for that - its in our diary. Look forward to meeting you and lots of other Funsters there - just have to get the winter out of the way now.....

Geraldine

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back