Ile D'Oleron (soggy in Engerland)

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Munchie, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Sat at a campsite called Le Maine on Ile D'Oleron.
    Had intended to do Ile De Re as well now decided for another time as we love it here!
    10 amp leccie, cracking wi fi, lots of walks and cycle paths all over at 16 euro and 7 for 6;

Soggy now in England lookit the weather.....30 degrees c today!!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

A nice day trip is to the lighthouse "Phare de Chassiron" the views from the top are spectacular. Be aware the lighthouse operators take a typical French lunch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Looks great there Ken, but their latest web site prices are 2012 and they seem to stop end of September. We would be interested if they are still open in October...

Catherine

4. laneside

laneside Funster

Oi Munchie we are at Newark and I will have you know we have clear blue skies

• Like Like x 2
  5. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Prices are from the office when we arrived.
    In ACSI book open till 15 November :thumb:

Very quiet so if you want pubs n nightclubs not for you.

6. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Hi Ken we are lower down from you and are getting the same temps with pure blue skies.30c yesterday 28.5 today at 17.34pm. we can all breath a sigh of relief as ALAN soggy is now in the UK just received a skype from him saying he is in or near Newark....poor sods I feel sorry for them and the Uk...he brought rain on us when came out of Spain and met up with us just above biarritz,on the 19th march...then he went to his sisters Brenda...and gave them rain...then he left for you at PARC Verger...he said the weather was dire...then onto Milleraye....they shut the aire before he got there. saying they was tarmacing the road...hehe..he has just said while he was a BOULOGNE it was a keen frost ..France can breath and look forward to full sun again the dark cloud has now passed over:RollEyes::Wink:
    Look even Brittany Ferries have just pulled into the lake on a cruise tour''
    .Wait a minute:Eeek: somebody must have shouted iceburg (must have been left over from alan floated down from Bologne).. it looks like they a jumping ship the brittanies ferry cruise could be over
    more photo's to follow

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Thanks Ken - we'll be exhausted in October on our way home so will enjoy the quiet!

8. Madwife

Madwife Deleted User

We are now at Rutland Caravan and Camping site and the sun is shining here too. We have had sun all the time since we left Parc Verger although we have had a few early morning frosts.

Our tap is now fixed and we should be home tomorrow.

Kath and Howie

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yorick

Yorick Funster

It's sunny here in Aylesbury and from my office window, can see that the surf is up, so gonna finish early and catch some waves :Smile:

10. laneside

laneside Funster

Now just look here young Mel, we travelled up through Spain and into France in pouring rain just to meet up with the lovely Chris and what happened. As soon as we got there---there is no denying it as we have photographic evidence--------We brought a little ray of sunshine so that Chris could change her Northern France rust in to a beautiful tan,you are just an old cross patch because you had no tele. and we did

evidence included

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Heyupluv

photos

jumping ship....is this the end of Brittany ferries:RollEyes::Wink::Wink:

Attached Files:

12. Heyupluv

No Alan the sun was already here ...what you brought is the black cloud and rain:Eeek::Wink::Wink::Rofl1::Rofl1: it's funny that before you came and after you left we had nowt but sun and high temps.....i rest my case....but I must agree it was nice to see you three again ...and I bet it was a nice change for you that bit of sunshine when you arrived..before your black cloud caught up with you..I think you mentioned coming through northern Spain you was in rain:thumb:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  13. Heyupluv

Where are you Now:Eeek: