Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
it's nice there this time of year, but i wouldn't want to go there in the summer!!
stayed at the aire in Rivedoux plage (ehu and relais) and got a beach view and did a little cycling around the bottom half of the island.
well worth a visit imo.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Definitely worth a look, and one of our current favourites - we were there over Easter in glorious weather. You're right in thinking it's very busy in summer, but getting around on bikes helps keep you away from the roads. Only trouble is the cycle tracks are full of summer holiday numpties who don't know how to ride bikes properly.

The aires at Bois Plage en Re and Saint Clement des Baleines are good, as is the Municipal campsite inside the walls at Saint Martin.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Is there a right and a wrong way to ride a bike on a cycle track when holiday. I thought you get on, look where your going and pedal and enjoy your holiday.

I believe it's ride on the right abroad, as you would on a road ?

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We were plagued by what we called sand hoppers on the beach but loved the island and the sea food restaurants. Had to get there by ferry when we went which was before the bridge over to the island. Traffic to get there was horrendous in those days.

Baggers53

Free Member
Dec 30, 2013
Stafford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We were there in September for 3 days....its a bicycle paradise....you even have priority over cars
in some places!!!! We stayed at La Flotte and saw about half the island......can not wait to go back
and do the other half...Mike and Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back