Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I HATE IKEA!

It's awkward to get to, the one way system annoys me, there are always queues at the tills ... but I have to go there this weekend o_O

So, to make it worth my while, is there any MH goodies that IKEA sell that I could get to brighten my day?

I'm talking stuff that is highly recommended ... not just 'because it's there' though (y) :)

PS The breakfast/food doesn't count!!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Their storage boxes are excellent value, kitchen utensils for pennies, pan sets for £4.99 last time I went, unbelievable value Corelle type plates and bowls for 50p each, loads of stuff suitable for motorhomes if you root around. We love the place!

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Their storage boxes are excellent value, kitchen utensils for pennies, pan sets for £4.99 last time I went, unbelievable value Corelle type plates and bowls for 50p each, loads of stuff suitable for motorhomes if you root around. We love the place!

Thanks but I'm definitely a LIST type shopper, there will be no rooting around!!

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
That's all the fun gone! Discovering something you didn't know you needed hidden away in a corner......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
That's all the fun gone! Discovering something you didn't know you needed hidden away in a corner......

That's probably why I hate it, my visits are like carefully planned Commando raids, in and out with military precision and as few casualties as possible. Can you imagine how frustrated I feel when I get 3/4 of the way round and realise what I wanted must have been near the beginning? :swear2:

Beginning to look like there's nothing else being recommended so can you get me something next time you go? :cheers: ;)

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
The Jall clothes drying rack at a £5 is superb, Folds flat also fits our shower and sits in the aisle of the MH.
Their cheapo SKanka frying pans at £3.75 are lightweight and clean up easily. We brought one on a use it for the season and ditch it basis. Still as good as new 5 years on!
We've also got one of the small plywood draw units great for all those fiddly bits.
I spend hours in the Market Hall much to SWMBO's annoyance

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I usually buy glasses, they are so cheap that IF they break it isn't an issue. Much prefer drinking out of glass than plastic. In the last 3 years only broken one glass!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just had a look on the website - nothing under Astro or turf, any hints?
AstroTurf is a trade mark
Look for something like Grass Door Mat

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Never been inside an IKEA store. What am I missing?

Give it a shot. Well worth an afternoon out, especially now your thinking about the new house. They do have have some cracking ideas and the quality is good.
Go mid week - far less crowded

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We bought a duvet cover for the motorhome from Warrington Ikea recently, as we discovered that Ikea do single duvet covers in a size which fits perfectly a king size mattress topper, effectively turning it into a (reversible) fitted sheet. The shape and construction of our bed makes it a good solution to an otherwise tricky problem.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Never been inside an IKEA store. What am I missing?
Not a lot if they are still like the one I went in 8 years ago. They had a one way system to get out you had to do a contorted lap of the whole store, put me off for life, can't just nip in and buy what you want. Not a patch on what they were like in Sweden 35 years ago when I first went in one.:)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
They do small square rubber mats for hot plates and useful as plate mats to stop stuff sliding around on your table (particularly for children) or in the cupboards and drawers when on the move.

Found the carrier bags which fold in to themselves really useful for carrying your stuff to the shower block. They cost about £1 and hold a lot, you can hang all your stuff on the door. Where you fold it in to itself makes a little pocket when unravelled which is ideal for putting your keys in, no more hunting around.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
I'm trying to think of all the Ikea stuff we've found useful....these are the ones I can remember:
OFTAST Corelle-like plates/bowls
RATTVIK wine glasses - they're very very tough but still nice to drink out of
IMMELN suction hooks & shower baskets, no drilling and stick really well
RODTOPPA duvets - comes in various sizes/togs, is synthetic so its machine-washable but its not sweaty like some synthetic duvets
HOFTA drawer dividers - totally customisable for any size/shape drawer (you cut them down and link them together yourself)
KOPPLA 3 port USB charger

They also have good value first aid kits, fire blankets, high viz stuff etc. if you don't already have them.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I'm trying to think of all the Ikea stuff we've found useful....these are the ones I can remember:
OFTAST Corelle-like plates/bowls
RATTVIK wine glasses - they're very very tough but still nice to drink out of
IMMELN suction hooks & shower baskets, no drilling and stick really well
RODTOPPA duvets - comes in various sizes/togs, is synthetic so its machine-washable but its not sweaty like some synthetic duvets
HOFTA drawer dividers - totally customisable for any size/shape drawer (you cut them down and link them together yourself)
KOPPLA 3 port USB charger

They also have good value first aid kits, fire blankets, high viz stuff etc. if you don't already have them.
Another vote for the HOFTA drawer dividers, I have cut to fit all my glasses and mugs in one cupboard and divided up the drawer I use for groceries to provide easy access and safe transport of the store of opened jars and bottles, e.g. Marmalade, coffee, oil etc.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Oh oh. Just found reference to this -

IKEA FAMILY Membership

I'm guessing it's not free ... looks like you have to pay x2 for everything if you're not a member. Great when you only want one item.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back