Ih j1000

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Minxy Girl, May 24, 2010.

1. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the interior looks a bit like an old style Winnebago without the steroids?:RollEyes:

I've just got round to reading May's Which Motorcaravan and it seems to me that they've just tried to put as much 'bling' in it as possible to support the £70k price tag. I've never been a big fan of the IH emblem everywhere, but have always appreciated that they do build some very well screwed together 'vans, but this new van is just way OTT. Now if it had a much more 'contemporary' interior, still quality, but less bling, I bet they'd sell a few more to the well-to-do younger folk, but at the moment there's no way I'd touch one with a barge pole, gold plated or not (not that I've got that sort of money anyway!). :Eeek:

http://www.ihmotorhomes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118&Itemid=49

2. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

we are a very particular group of owners (cocks nose in the air) they do not appeal to the commoner:Rofl1:

sorry Mel could not resist it the new one is a bit marmite

3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

The foto's are making a great job of making it look fantastic .. But I could never go back to a having a van that required the making up of beds every night .. Would drive me bonkers nowadays ! :Eeek:

4. Mikemoss

Mikemoss Read Only Funster

Those lower-level cupboard/shelf thingies in the rear corners look in just the right position to bash your head.

I didn't see this particular IH model at the NEC, but did have a nosey round another of their coachbuilts. To me, the build quality seemed excellent, but definitely over-blinged for my taste and those multiple IH symbols are an instant turn-off. One, or maybe just two, would be quite enough for us to get the message, thank you Mr IH!

5. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

IH

Looked at ad in May MMM and can't say I was blown away by it Not for me thank you but will look insde when I see one at a show out off interest.