lollilou

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
freshwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi the ignition in our Riviera heater from our 1989 Machzone Fiat Ducato seems to have broken. I can't seem to find a replacement part for it. Could we use one from a different model? Or is there another way to fix it? We have gas going to the burners but no spark when pressing the switch. Thanks.

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
I'm sure you could fit the ignition of a fire etc, it's usually just a push switch with two wires and an igniter , the igniter needs to be earthed and in the area of the gas flow then as long as the wires and switch are protected from the heat you should be fine.

John

I've just had a look on a VW camper forum , most faults with the ignition occur because of damp , they suggest lighting the heater through the peephole to dry up the igniter . If not it may be worth trying a VW owners club for spares if they use the same model heater.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Depends on the type of igniter .. is it piezo or electronic ?

if it's a push button piezo type there are plenty of generic on ebay for a few quid.. for example.. Link Removed

if it's electronic.. that may be more difficult to source

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

lollilou

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
freshwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for that. At the risk of sounding really dumb what did you mean by the ignitor needing to be earthed?

Upvote 0

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
It just needs to be fixed to the metal part of the heater, it's usually held in place by a nut or screw, that would earth it .

John

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back