If you like Pickled Eggs..... here is a good recipe (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just think of all that cholesterol! Doctor's orders 1 egg a week:whistle:

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Ah yes......... not all for me but for the visitors that come round to eat them over Christmas :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I haven't had pickled eggs for years. Used to eat them when playing darts. Seems a complicated recipe but then I guess that's what gives it the flavour. So I've copied it and made it a pdf for storing on my PC - to try later.

Attachments

• River Cottage Pickled Eggs.pdf
    107.4 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Seems a complicated recipe but then I guess that's what gives it the flavour.

Yes indeed it is, takes a couple of hours too.............. BUT.............. SO WORTHWHILE :D:D:D

We don't normally eat pickled eggs but after trying these............. there will always be a jar of these in the pantry from now on;)

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588

Interestingly British Heart Foundation advice on eggs makes clear that cholesterol in the body has no relation to the cholesterol in eggs, its caused by the saturated fat that's in our diet.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Interestingly British Heart Foundation advice on eggs makes clear that cholesterol in the body has no relation to the cholesterol in eggs, its caused by the saturated fat that's in our diet.
It's manufactured by your liver I believe, and mostly at night whichis why you take statins in the evening.

Those worried should throw a handful of statins into the recipe!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Preferred home made scotch eggs,but with a twist after boiling/peeling egg cut I'm half scoop out yolk mix tiny bit of cayenne pepper (good for arthritis) spoon back into egg whites place together roll in the sausage meat then breadcrumbs. deep fry and enjoy

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Also free range chicken eggs have much lower fat content than mass produced ones. We have 9 chickens at home and eat eggs every day. Our cholesterol levels are low

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Love pickled eggs, I've just printed off your receipt and nailed it to my hen house door, hopefully it will encourage my new chickens to start laying.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
now that is something I did not know. thanks MIKE. got it right.>:)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Wrong !!
Cholesterol is caused by carbohydrate of which eggs are devoid !
When I 'do the atkins' my cholesterol drops right down.. and I usually munch my way through at least 6 eggs a day ( not to mention the gurt slab of cheese and the half a pound of fried bacon !! )

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
my doctors opinion differs..one egg a week she says :(

Hmm........ I have looked at that article and many others and the results would suggest that your doctor is incorrect. However, if you have an existing health problem linked to cholesterol she may be trying to safeguard you I suspect.

It would appear that for most people eggs are in the same category as everything else in life......... moderation yes...... excess no.

Certainly there is a significant degree of evidence to suggest that eggs are less harmful and more healthy than
generally believed

I would be more worried about getting constipated than anything else :eek::D

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just made a batch of pickled baby shallots but I only had 250g of them instead of the 1kg in the recipe so I cut all the ingredients down to a quarter, which was a mistake. There was not enough liquid to cover the shallots so I had to boil up some more to enable it to cover them in the jar.

So if cutting the onions or shallots to 250g I suggest cutting all the other ingredients by only a half.

The recipe says it doesn't need to mature so I will give them a go very soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back