If you could change just one thing about your Motorhome, what would it be? (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Able to add a tow bar that could carry a scooter - our two meter overhang rules out the additional weight

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Slightly off thread but if there was one thing I would like TAKE OFF the motorhome it would be one centimetre in height. Why Autotrail make models 3.01 metres tall when European motorway tolls and some ferry prices are based on vehicle height is beyond me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have a PVC currently which we love, however.......

the space between the bathroom and the kitchen is necessarily narrow. The fridge has touch sensitive controls so if you even brush it as you pass you accidentally change the settings, gas/battery/mains, temp etc.

We have seen other models where the controls are protected by the door. We will check that next time, (if there is one).

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
Well, rented one, bought one, bought a caravan, rented another MH, should be OK then :)
Definitely.

We hired a Trail Seeker campervan from Tui Campers when we backpacked around NZ and Oz. Loved it, learned a lot.

We hired a VW painted campervan from Wicked when we backpacked around South America. Didn’t love it, but still learned a lot.

So when we bought this one (Autosleeper Sussex Duo) we knew exactly what we liked and didn’t like. This fits our needs 100%, we love it, and I’m not sure we would change a thing.

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
We don't use our electric step much worried it may pack up or something? But due to a knee replacement, finding comfortable step as i depart the van, is where my problems start? Hubby sorted out steps, sat in a built up wooden tray?, Always looking for a lighter alternative.?

H
Why not use the electric step that you’ve got. If and when it packs up (why would it, are Hymers known for that?) you can then use the alternative. Or am I missing something?

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Just read a few comments about motor going! Or just a fuse, also if it lacks up whilst out? Can't drive? I know probably being too cautious, but as yet we don't have the experience of know how? On how to fix that. Sounds long winded i know,?

Rolyan

Free Member
Jan 15, 2018
Funster No
Just read a few comments about motor going! Or just a fuse, also if it lacks up whilst out? Can't drive? I know probably being too cautious, but as yet we don't have the experience of know how? On how to fix that. Sounds long winded i know,?
No, if it’s a concern for you then you’re right to address it one way or the other. I use my step all the time and who knows, one day I may get caught out. But until then I’m using it for its intended purpose. But there’s no right or wrong, you do what you feel is right for you.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
We purchased double step then chaps at hubby work, made secure instep added to it, so now more comfortable on my knee as i depart the van, ( never even thought about the height of the step) when purchasing our hymer, ? was too busy looking at the internal space.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
If it could move through time as well as space, that would be good. Although the choices could be overwhelming.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The fridge!
Its been nowt but trouble since I bought it.
I would happily remove it and replace it but thanks to German engineering and design there is no way of getting it put of the van.
Its too big to go through the hab door or the driver & passenger doors. It could go out through the bedroom window, but its too big to go through the bedroom door!
And then there would be the same trouble getting a replacement in.
GRRRR........

Lateral Thinking?. What`s your windscreen breakage insurance excess?. Break windscreen (Big stone thrown up by tipper lorry?) get the frig out and new one in. Then get the windscreen replaced? (y)(y):smirk:

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
An electric closing side door on our PVC instead of having to slam it so hard to close it properly, that you would think you were in the Olympics

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I would like to change from a Fiat base to a Merc. Fed up with gearbox and clutch problems and Fiat saying that the issues have been fixed.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We love our van but - it only has one garage door which makes finding stuff very tricky.

Paul

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
A lightweight hover mode for wet fields and easy sideways parking.
?
Sideways parking is easily achieved through sudden use of the handbrake and a bit of opposite lock

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Would have the chassis and body all galvanised rather than mild steel.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
A sink and worktop, the one in it is so small that it cannot take anything bigger than cups everything else must be washed as an individual item and put away.. No preparation area if the cooker is in use for cooking or kettle. ridiculously small all to put a narrow useless cupboard further back that would have given another 9 inches to the top in the kitchen.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
A sink and worktop, the one in it is so small that it cannot take anything bigger than cups everything else must be washed as an individual item and put away.. No preparation area if the cooker is in use for cooking or kettle. ridiculously small all to put a narrow useless cupboard further back that would have given another 9 inches to the top in the kitchen.
My 5 metre van has about 3 times as much worktop as my 7.2 metre had. Crazy!

Jul 22, 2013
Altrincham
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718xlb
Exp
I was a newbie
I would Change "it" for a German built A Class with about an extra metre in length! Just need to find that extra 70k or so from management's money tree in the garden.....

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
We don't use our electric step much worried it may pack up or something? But due to a knee replacement, finding comfortable step as i depart the van, is where my problems start? Hubby sorted out steps, sat in a built up wooden tray?, Always looking for a lighter alternative.?

H
1570395846204.png

Kampa do this guys for £13.99 however...the exact same one is available for a pound less at the caravan shops!
Folds up and easy to use and store...

Kev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back