If you could change just one thing about your Motorhome, what would it be? (1 Viewer)

dartslf2000

Free Member
Sep 14, 2009
Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1999
An L shaped settee opposite our long bench seat instead of a dinette, the gaffer and the hounds commandeer the settee before I'm out of the drivers seat! :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Give it a rear garage store for bikes and outdoor stuff, we manage ok but it would be nice to be able to just chuck it all in and go rather than pack it all!!

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
We would not change a thing,we had a long "wants" list and found it!
Only concern is we can't get a newer one In the future as it does not exist:(

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I am astonished at all these moans. Doesn't anybody actually look at the motorhome before they buy it???
Most motorhomes are a compromise over what we want and what we can fit in to the space we can manage.

However, if you have found the m/h that will satisfy those of us who want American RV facilities in a PVC please produce it and advertise here.

I would be first in the queue of thousands!:)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Most motorhomes are a compromise over what we want and what we can fit in to the space we can manage.

However, if you have found the m/h that will satisfy those of us who want American RV facilities in a PVC please produce it and advertise here.

I would be first in the queue of thousands!:)
I realise that buying a motorhome is a series of compromises. But why not make sure you are happy with the necessary compromises before buying it?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
It's age! We like everything about our van and would probably settle for a brand new van, exactly the same as we have made ours over the years.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Ok, I bet you all looked at the number of belted seats to berths, the layout that was best for you, the compromises made over the volume of storage, it has an oven/microwave you don't need, the 240v sockets not in ideal positions etc. etc..

But, go on, how many of you ACTUALLY sat on the toilet.

I didn't realise commenting made it a moan, the OP asked for one thing we would change/alter. I thought it was both a practical and fun opportunity OP, and my issue may have raised a smile. Sorry if was considered a moan, not at all my intention.

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry if I upset anybody. Maybe "moan" was the wrong word. But some of the things listed must have been obvious when looking at the motorhome.

And yes I did sit on the toilet as did my wife. We agreed it was a bit high for her, but they all are and she could live with it. We even stood in the shower closed the door and waved our arms about like we would when showering. Some would say sad I suppose

Angelwitch

Free Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hornsea
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2014
Us too! Sat on loo,pretended to shower,pretended we were back from a long hike in the rain.........where does the dog towel go? Where does our footwear go? Is the bed long enough,do both bikes fit in garage.....we spent 4 hours in it.......bless the guys we bought it from they were so sweet and left us alone

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry, but just sitting on the loo is no good. You have to go through the full range of movements (steady now), involving loo paper, clothing lowering/hoisting, flushing, washing. Only then will you know that the loo is definitely OK, or not.:)
I speak from bitter experience.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Sorry if I upset anybody. Maybe "moan" was the wrong word. But some of the things listed must have been obvious when looking at the motorhome.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there. I will be buying a PVC at the NEC in a few weeks. I haven't even bought it yet and I already know there will be things I'd change. I've looked at a dozen or more vans and whichever one we eventually pick won't have as good (delete as appropriate) bed as the first one we looked at ... lounge as the Adria ... slideable loo like the Malibu etc etc. There is no perfect PVC that incorporates everything so every one is lacking in some regard to the amassed ranks of "all the rest"! That doesn't make it a mistake (I hope) it just makes it the best, but imperfect, compromise. :)

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I am astonished at all these moans. Doesn't anybody actually look at the motorhome before they buy it???
Not moans Peter, Just additional preferences having had them a while. As you know there is no such thing as the perfect motorhome....unlike the (almost) perfect caravan that we have. :rofl:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
What is that one thing about your Motorhome that you don't like, that you would like to improve, or that you wish was different?
Where it is . Somewhere HOT & Sunny please.
Van is of course perfection :p

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I have changed everything in the van that I can, the one thing that I would change if I could, would be a bigger fridge/freezer, but there simply isn't room. Maybe a Kon Tiki next time around! :D

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry, but just sitting on the loo is no good. You have to go through the full range of movements (steady now), involving loo paper, clothing lowering/hoisting, flushing, washing. Only then will you know that the loo is definitely OK, or not.:)
I speak from bitter experience.
The layout of the motorhome we chose meant that we could keep the loo door open and rely for privacy upon the sliding door between the bedroom and the rest of the motorhome. That was one of the things we liked about this particular model. For that reason we were confident that the space in the loo and adjoining area would be no problem.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I have changed everything in the van that I can, the one thing that I would change if I could, would be a bigger fridge/freezer, but there simply isn't room. Maybe a Kon Tiki next time around! :D
We've overcome this by putting a 40ltr combi fuel cool box in the garage

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Robert, have you got it connected to the gas or do you just use 12V or 240V for it? How efficient is it on 12V?
Hi Peter
We're using it for beer, wine and other drinks.
It cools to 32 dog below ambient
I'm running it on 240v for two reasons.
Firstly it has thermostatic control on 240v only - 12v runs continuously.
Secondly I use a plug in time clock which turns it off overnight - to save energy.
Here is the spec

IMG_5528.PNG

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Our Ducato Knaus is automatic but does not have speed limiter - both our cars are also automatic but have speed limiters - amazing how much I miss just flicking on the limiter in 30, 40, 60, 70 mph zones.

Have been in touch with Fiat who tell me that they cannot retrofit one :(

Oct 28, 2011
west midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
new
A splash back in our Swift Bolero 712sb, when washing up, you have to be really careful not to splash the adjacent seating 'cos the kitchen is "L" shaped.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Make it 4wd!

This is my winter project :) View attachment 125864

Very nice. A Pinzgauer, isn't it? I went offroading in one in Scotland last year - incredible bit of kit off road, rather noisy on the road! The 6x6 worked so well, it was coping easily where the Land Rover Defenders were starting to struggle a bit.

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
We have changed our \motorhome this year at Great Malvern for a Rapido 7055F. great van has 2 single beds at the back and a good size garage and a good size fridge and freezer. Very well made. the only thing is not sure how we connect the sola panel to the box in the garage, do you just terminate the cables from the controller to the spade terminals. Any help would be appreciated

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back