If you are a BT Broadband Customer (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Then you won't be able to see this! This morning BT have a routing issue to the area of the internet that our servers reside. So it might be a little quiet here for a while. Hopefully it will be sorted soon so those BT using customers can find Fun again.

I use BT and panicked this morning when I could not find any site on our server:Eeek: however logging on via my Three dongle everything is fine our end. I hope BT work it out quickly.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
only found out yesterday that all the folk up here have had no phone or internet for two weeks,some scrote nicked all the cable from the main exchange.im on 3 mifi so did'nt notice a problem:Smile:
and have no bt phone.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
only found out yesterday that all the folk up here have had no phone or internet for two weeks,some scrote nicked all the cable from the main exchange.im on 3 mifi so did'nt notice a problem:Smile:
and have no bt phone.::bigsmile:

We have had it 5 times in 3 years and it looks like fibre optic is coming our way
Not sure if that's good or bad
Not sure if all Bt competitors will be able to supply it :thumb:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Half an hour ago I could not get on.........Will check to see if I can now ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

No seriously I couldn't half an hour ago but all is back

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have BT internet and could not access Fun and a few other sites earlier this morning. All now seems to be OK.

Brisey.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's just come back on Jim:thumb:

BT are a pain in the ars*. All my work phones are down due to "vandalism" apparently. Dodgy workmen more likely.

We have been told we could be down for 3 days.

Great news in a recession:Sad:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Bt internet here and fine at 5.30 and fine now at 8.07, don't know about inbetween.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Bt here, no fun at 5.30am to nearly 8am, all fine now, but no probs with other sites though

:thumb::thumb:

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
i got an email a couple of days ago to warn me of potential broadband problems due to an upgrade. access problems could exist for 10 days but will be sporadic.

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
we are with BT all ok this morning except Motorhome Fun but it did not take long before I could get back on again.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
I need to renew my current BT contract soon but am confused about some of the issues.

Firstly, I don't want to do sky, just don't want to give that particular family money - personal choice.

So one of the cable companies? Where they have there own systems in the ground they run along the main road 100 meters away. We have ducting to the house, via BT chambers, from the main road but Virgin who we know does run on the main road don't want to know - not even a response from them it will cost an extra £x, in fact several requests for a quote even from those voracious street sign up people has fallen on stony ground. So, if they are so poor at getting me on, what will they be like when things go wrong?

So, one of the other providers? They all run on BT infrastructure, so I may as well be with BT.

We are also at the furthest point from the non-digital exchange, so we get rubbish bandwidth even when few people are on the internet. BT Infinity, great adverts, forget it - its not a question of when we get an upgrade, its if we ever get to that stage.

But we have all heard the horror stories about BT on here.

The mobile companies have now stopped tethering on there all you can eat data schemes, or that would be an option.

Looks like we are stuck with BT.

Anybody have any better suggestions OTHER than going for a quite expensive dongle?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back