If time is short, take an epic journey in a motorhome (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
What a heart warming story. Thanks for posting this

Norma remained “a woman of few words” but their communication completely changed gear. “I could sit next to a lake and look at the sky with Mom, just soaking it in. We would just look at each other and nod. You don’t always need long conversations to say everything.”

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
This one passage did it for me........excellent thanks for posting.

“I could sit next to a lake and look at the sky with Mom, just soaking it in. We would just look at each other and nod. You don’t always need long conversations to say everything.”

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Great story.

We have lost so many friends this last year that we are already determined to "do it now".

Life is not a rehearsal, get out there and do the things you have promised yourself before something happens to you or your partner.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I wish to do that instead of sitting at home deteriorating until I cannot do anything else. Need to do it soon or it will be too late to do anything adventuresome in my dotage.
I have just ordered the book from Amazon so that will cheer me up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rusty Pumper

Rusty Pumper

Free Member
Mar 10, 2017
Funster No
'Carpe diem' - seize the day, as Robin Williams so eloquently expressed, so many moons ago.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Flunky. A delightful tale.

Since I moved to Poland to be with Basia 6 years ago we have taken her Mother on short 2-4 day trips in the MH, mostly to Slowakia - to a open-air thermal-pool spa, also to her friends for parties and use the MH as our B&B. When we started she was 90, and yesterday celebrated her 96th Birthday with us and the rest of the family, so 4 generations together. We are planning the next Slowakian trip soon.

We have a fixed rear bed which we give over to her when together and we de-camp to the drop-down overcab double.

She has done well to reach 96 since she suffered 5 years in Siberia, transported there care of 'Uncle Joe' Stalin during WW II.

I am sure a much longer trip might be too tiring for her now, although if she were up for it we could try a week, but in a circular route centred around home to allow for a quick return if necessary.

What other elderly relations still travel with any of you?

Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back