If I won the lottery........

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ojibway, Apr 16, 2015.

1. ojibway

ojibway Funster

There was a thread a while back asking what motorhome you'd buy if you won the lottery.
    I thought I'm quite happy with my James Cook - build quality, compact yet roomy, practical, Merc base.

Then I saw this in Le Crotoy and I changed my mind!!
    A Peterbilt over-the-top, ostentatious, extravaganza. Wow!
    And it wasn't even German registered but French
    It was on the aire by the port, then I took these pics as it was driving past.
    Mind you, if I had it it'd be decal'd all over, not battleship gray!!.
    SAM_6141.JPG SAM_6142.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

I won lottery last week .........all of £11.50

• Like Like x 1
  3. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

One of my neighbours won 1.6 million 9 yrs ago and the last holiday she had was with us 3 yrs ago...She is as tight as can be.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

I am only jealous of people winning large sums of money when they don't enjoy it. Your neighbour would make me soooooo cross Sandra. @irnbru

Think what you could do with that sort of money .... you could make sure your family would be okay, sort out education for the grand-children etc and make meaningful contributions to your favourite good causes if you so wished.

I think I would go on a round the world trip, no real planned itinerary for dates etc., just list of places I would like to see and then move on when I was ready.

5. irnbru

Me too Helen. She has bought the house right opposite hers for a better view, reduced her current house by 20k and other sellers have followed suit...not knowing her circumstances. I'm not budging with my sale, I would rather stay put til the cows come home :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. tjay

tjay Funster

I would go to Canada buy a big RV, a trailer and a Honda Goldwing Trike and attend as many Rv and Goldwing rallies as I could and when having done Canada would head into USA and do the same there
    Roll on tomorrow nights results !!

• Like Like x 1
  7. chaser

chaser Funster

I wouldn't change a thing,

8. Ethle the wondervan

Ethle the wondervan

Never 'done' the lottery, no interest in it. It makes people miserable 'cause they can't win it and it ruins people who do win it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

If you are a happy and contented person I don't think a lottery win would change that - similarly if you are a miserable old besom you will remain so.

I am very lucky. There isn't a great deal I desperately want that one can buy no matter how rich one is ... I am quite happy with my lot so winning or otherwise would not make me any happier. I do buy a ticket now and again but not on a regular basis. I do have premium bonds and have had a few minor wins which make me smile :) I auto-reinvest so when I need / want something expensive I cash in what I need to. At present I have very few bonds (spent them on a big white van) but will buy more when funds permit.

Once you have somewhere to sleep, somewhere to sit and keep warm, food to eat and clothes on your back everything else (materially speaking) is either a bonus or a curse. :)

• Like Like x 5
  10. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

Sod it it's too late to change now
    I have all I want a home kids and a bit of freedom
    I would only give it to kids and it would proberly ruin them long term

There is more to life

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mel

Mel Funster

12. irnbru

Its a true saying "What you dont have you dont miss" Wouldnt knock a million or so back though :)

13. ojibway

ojibway Funster

Hey guys, y'all getting a bit serious!:)
    I was just a bit impressed with the rig I saw. It's like the sound of a Harley or a V8 or a gorgeous sunset. You take notice!:cool:
    Oh, and thanks Mel for the link. I hadn't got round to checking it out. 3 million km on the clock, 1800 l fresh water tank, nearly a ton of lithium batteries.
    Trouble is, I wouldn't be able to get it on my drive;)

14. westy77

westy77 Funster

That truck is fantastic! Would love to see inside.

With lottery wins it depends on your age and the win.

£1mill in your 20's/30's, buy a house outright, put a decent amount in investment, have a holiday/spend a little, get a new/newish but not daft car and you wouldn't have a lot left over.

£4mill in older age where you want for less, maybe move house, but prob not upscale much and the one your in is paid off. Buy a nice motorhome and a Kia you have a lot left to blow on coke and hookers.

People who win big then do t do anything with it need a strong word with themselves.

15. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

My cousin's husband won 3 and a bit million twenty years ago when they were in their late twenties. Rushed out and bought a Lambo, a racehorse and a big house in the middle of nowhere. Never thought any of it out, Lambo was useless on the country roads, neighbours didn't see eye to eye with "yon lottery fella" and the horse was only fit for Evo Stick. Blew the lot in short order, with nothing to show for it.
    Viv Nicholson, the spend, spend, spend pools winner died last week too.
    I don't do the lottery, but was in the shift syndicate at work as I didn't want to be left there on my own if the others got a big win :LOL:

• Like Like x 2