If I don't do Mount Blanc Tunnel - how bad drive over?. (1 Viewer)

Nov 9, 2011
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years
If you go over the G St Bernard, you can stop at the top and buy your very own battery-operated, barking, nodding St Bernard with a miniature barrel of brandy round his neck.
Now ain't that worth the climb ?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
... but we are entitled to give our opinions and taking the Millau bridge as an example, it's stunning to look at but absolutely boring as hell to go across as you cannot see a thing and don't appreciate the height, so unless you are in a hurry then going down via Millau itself would be the most scenic option. Similarly with the Mont Blanc tunnel ... I've not been through it and have no intention of doing so ... it must be boring as hell!

Give me a good old mountain pass any day (unless there is no other route other than a tunnel) ... we went across the Grossglockner Pass into Austria which cost us €35 one way but what a pass ... beautiful!

Before they built The Millau bridge you would have been desperate for them to do so in late july and aug.The journey through the town could take 3 hours,,Busby,,

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you go over the G St Bernard, you can stop at the top and buy your very own battery-operated, barking, nodding St Bernard with a miniature barrel of brandy round his neck.
Now ain't that worth the climb ?

... or see 'human' versions ...

st b.jpg
st b 2.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
As a follow up to this thread, this autumn we decided to cross into Italy from the Avignon area whilst avoiding the Med coast road which reminds me too much of a 1980s arcade video game (tunnel bridge corner bridge corner tunnel corner bridge etc etc). We drove straight up the N94 to Briancon where you can park overnight for free in a commercial centre car par here (with service point). The following morning we did a few wiggly wigglies up to Montgenevre, over the col, then down a well appointed Italian road to Oulx where we picked up the E70 Autostrada towards Turin. No tunnel tolls, lovely scenery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back