Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Ford Golden Eagle Transit
Exp
I'm a newbie of 2 days
I've only used my mh 4 times so still getting used to it.
If I saw another mh, I would park quite close, even in an otherwise empty
car park. I'd leave a bay between us, but as a newbie I would park close
as a kind of mh solidarity :Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I've only used my mh 4 times so still getting used to it.
If I saw another mh, I would park quite close, even in an otherwise empty
car park. I'd leave a bay between us, but as a newbie I would park close
as a kind of mh solidarity :Blush:

oh dear.. the OP is just going to love you .. :roflmto:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
When we were on the Bois Plage en Re campsite compound/aire the other week we parked in a spot we liked, well away from the few others that were there. The aire began to fill up for Easter but was never totally full. The weird thing was two French MHs whose owners clearly knew each other parked either side of us when there was two empty pitches to the left of us, then proceeded to shuffle back and forth around our pitch to hold conversations, meals etc. I couldn't quite work that out, unless one of the owners was a creature of habit and we'd taken the 'special' pitch he'd stayed on for the last 15 years or something. Anyway it didn't bother us and they both buggered off shortly afterwards, but it all seemed a bit odd.

Has anyone else seen the 'circling the wagons' thing that some groups do on aires? Talk about exclusive club.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
on a campsite in geldern that only had 2 mh on it we parked 5 spaces from them.10 german vans pulled in all round us.the camp site was empty.otherwise.:Blush::Blush:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
In supermarket car parks I park whenever possible at the back well away from everybody, reason, some drivers are not very good at opening their doors, they park over the line and then catch my vehicle on getting out or in, so I like the room to avoid any damage, had too many scratches etc. on my Volvo when I had it ,from trolleys and car doors, MH being wider I try to avoid the situation, have you noticed it seems to be the smaller cars that don`t get parked correctly ?:Eeek:

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Has anyone else seen the 'circling the wagons' thing that some groups do on aires? Talk about exclusive club.

yes.. a few times..

Most memorable one was at Mimizan Plage aire, a gaggle of French vans arrived.. maybe 6 or 7, they made a large square, vans parked all sides and set up a gazebo in the middle .. they were so close to our RV that I couldn't open the belly lockers on one side.. they set up a communal dinner table and BBQ ..

wish I had a photo..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back