IDIOT DRIVER - A496 Dolgellau - Barmouth (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Pull over!
Pull over!

When I'm trying to get to a meeting in time, there's nothing worse than being stuck behind a purblind owld gimmer in a big white overloaded glassfibre box.

Some of us need to use the roads; we are not just playing at it .
:Smile:

I agree and if "The Idiot" had eased off the arse of the car in front of him before the first right hand bend adopting a nearside position, he could have creamed all three of us quite safely before the towing arrows. Its all in the finesse Hutchie.

:thumb:

Last edited:
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Dunno Papajohn, there was nothing before your post to indicate to me that you were stating anything other than your opinion, apologies if I've misunderstood or missed something. :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Call that a near miss?
You ain't seen the drivers in Norfolk and Lincolnshire!:Eeek:

That sort of incident is a daily occurrence for me.....:Angry:

In my experience, the Norfolk drivers can't see you either - as they all seemed to close their eyes as they passed!:Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dunno Papajohn, there was nothing before your post to indicate to me that you were stating anything other than your opinion, apologies if I've misunderstood or missed something. :RollEyes:::bigsmile:

well jez, if i posted previously i was going to stir things up with a bogus post it just might not have got the response it did get.

thats why, after a few posters gave me hell i owned up to the bogus post :Smile:

i did the same on another forum, different subject, and received what amounted to death threats :Eeek::winky: so the response here was mild to say the least. :roflmto:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
well jez, if i posted previously i was going to stir things up with a bogus post it just might not have got the response it did get.

thats why, after a few posters gave me hell i owned up to the bogus post :Smile:

i did the same on another forum, different subject, and received what amounted to death threats :Eeek::winky: so the response here was mild to say the least. :roflmto:
I'm still not sure I quite understand but that's probably my fault, anyhow I think its clear that you aren't endorsing what you write in this instance.
Problem for me is that I have been cutting people out of cars for 31 years because of drivers like this ( including a Fatal on my last working day last week ) so I don't have too much patience with the point of view you stated,
and I think you agree with this ????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
So on top of being filmed by councils, police and private companies we now have private citizens filming us from their vehicles with the intent of taking the film to the police if we step out of line.

This countries going down the crapper :Sad:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It was a solid white line but there was plenty of room in my view.

Who wants to. get stuck behind a slow moving motorhome?

D

DM14742

Deleted User
I understand everyone's positive views towards this particular driver, the thing that made my mind up was to see him disappearing rapidly into the distance after the overtake at God knows what speed, to me he was reckless, dangerous & totally oblivious to the potential affect he or she was having to other road users. These people do kill other people because of their selfishness.

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
So on top of being filmed by councils, police and private companies we now have private citizens filming us from their vehicles with the intent of taking the film to the police if we step out of line....

Don't step out of line then!! But, no, you don't have to take the film to the police. You can either buy your kit from this company (or subscribe) .. and they do it all for you. :thumb:

http://www.policewitness.com/

OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
It was a solid white line but there was plenty of room in my view.

Who wants to. get stuck behind a slow moving motorhome?

There was room, but this not because of the driving skills of the Audi driver. Through his own actions, he was not even aware a vehicle was approaching him as he drove on the wrong side of the road at speed until it was potentially to late to do anything.

I applaud sites like Police-witness.

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
What are the details of the camera you used?

Does it record to a SD Card thingy?
I have the Go Pro Black I use it on the Bike as we'll as the motorhome fantastic kit also waterproof

Bill

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
Quote "It was a solid white line but there was plenty of room in my view."

Not the point. The driver committed a moving traffic offence simply by contravening the solid white line.

Worse still, he did it on a wing & a prayer with no view. Pure dumb luck that everyone got away with it.

I should know,many years ago I failed a police bike course by clipping the first 12 inches of solid white paint after coming back in from a series of overtakes. I had a great advance view & the road was clear. As I said,not the point.

Ah well, we all make mistakes::bigsmile:.

Those cab camera's seem a bit expensive!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
This is going on a bit to say its an incident that happens every day. Every one will have a different opinion because most think that they are the best driver in the world.BUSBY:roflmto::roflmto:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

What ? £11.50 ???? !!!

Go expensive if you like, but there is a fairly large group of us who use a real cheapo DVR bought from eBay.. I think I paid the most ( £23.00 ) for the same unit that is now on there for about £11 !!!!

This is going on a bit to say its an incident that happens every day. Every one will have a different opinion because most think that they are the best driver in the world.BUSBY:roflmto::roflmto:

As an aside..

If you ask women drivers how they rate their own ability compared to others ( out of 10 ), most will say 5 or less

Ask the same of men and most will say 7 or more.. Useless info I know but something to think about when ( if ) you are ever asked the question.. Kinda difficult to be in the top percentage of a group who all consider they are above average !! :Eeek: :winky:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Quote "It was a solid white line but there was plenty of room in my view."

Not the point. The driver committed a moving traffic offence simply by contravening the solid white line.

Worse still, he did it on a wing & a prayer with no view. Pure dumb luck that everyone got away with it.

I should know,many years ago I failed a police bike course by clipping the first 12 inches of solid white paint after coming back in from a series of overtakes. I had a great advance view & the road was clear. As I said,not the point.

Ah well, we all make mistakes::bigsmile:.

I thought the "point" was that there was almost a collision. There wasn't.

Traffic violation yes but I am sure we have all committed a few of those.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
The red car taking the 'pretty' route through the road-works wrote off his car - Link Removed

Less speed - more haste!

:france::france::france:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I wonder.. Were there any signs warning of road works over the brow of that hill ?
If not I can see a court case in the near future agin the contractor !!!!!!!!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I blame the silver car in front of the red one.

Huge gap between it and the car in front.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
He must have crapped himself when he saw the silver car & realized he could'nt stop in time:whatthe:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I blame the silver car in front of the red one.

Huge gap between it and the car in front.

I hope you're joking. The only way that the silver car could be at fault is if it was driving in reverse.

gibbon

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
Shatterford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2005
If he was driving according to the wet conditions on the approach to the crest he should'nt have had a problem stopping in time.

But, he could have been distracted by whatever he was doing in the car at the time(phone,radio,sat nav etc.who knows?) causing the lapse in concentration situation that I'm sure we're all familiar with.At least he took action to miss the car in front.

I've lost count of the times I've gone from A to B & can't remember most of it!
It's not a perfect world & as I said earlier, we all make mistakes

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I hope you're joking. The only way that the silver car could be at fault is if it was driving in reverse.

I am not joking. Of course it's the red cars fault for not paying attention/ going too fast, but the silver car didn't help with the gap left and probably at a complete standstill .

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Anybody remember the safety campaign about aliens setting traps around blind bends, over humps in roads etc? I've been looking on various archive sites but can't find a copy.

The message is simple - if you can't stop within the distance that you can see then you're driving too fast!

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I am not joking. Of course it's the red cars fault for not paying attention/ going too fast, but the silver car didn't help with the gap left and probably at a complete standstill .

But what if the silver car has broken down or stalled?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I wonder.. Were there any signs warning of road works over the brow of that hill ?
If not I can see a court case in the near future agin the contractor !!!!!!!!

yes there was John....32 seconds into the video but hard to see in the clip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back