Icecrypt Satellite Receivers advice required (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Its been suggested I purchase an Icecrypt receiver for use with our Multimo Dish whilst touring So France and Spain later this year. It's mainly for the news, I'm told these receivers are easy to tune into satelittes other than Astra 2, can anyone explain the ins and outs for someone not to knowledgeable and advise on which model would best suit our needs. Thanks in advance.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We use a Icecrypt S1600CHD it is the cheapest one it runs off 12v and very easy to use. Bought it as the built in receiver in our TV is a pain to use.
Nearly all the European satellites are pre-programed (still need to tune it to them) and any that arn't you can set them up yourself. Once tuned into a sat it retains the info so when you swap sats you don't have to retune. Also has 2 USB ports and you can record to USB sticks, for £70 is really is a good bit of kit.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Its been suggested I purchase an Icecrypt receiver for use with our Multimo Dish whilst touring So France and Spain later this year. It's mainly for the news, I'm told these receivers are easy to tune into satelittes other than Astra 2, can anyone explain the ins and outs for someone not to knowledgeable and advise on which model would best suit our needs. Thanks in advance.

We bought ours from Jackson's Satellite. I'd give Robert a call and take his advice.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Certain, but not all UK channels are broadcast from the Intelsat 907 satellite as an emergency backup for Astra 2. These signals are not for public use and are encrypted. The coverage of 907 is much, much greater than Astra 2.
Having said that, the Icecrypt model sold by Jacksons, and others, is capable of being programed with the codes to (illegally) decrypt the UK signals from 907.

Although the codes could change at anytime I've no doubt that they would appear on the 'net fairly quickly. The major problem would be if the operators of 907 lost the contract to broadcast the signals.

At the moment though I am a very happy Jacksons customer.

Malcolm

ps Double check your Multimo can lock on to Intelsat 907. Our dish was supplied by Jacksons ready programmed for 907.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Certain, but not all UK channels are broadcast from the Intelsat 907 satellite as an emergency backup for Astra 2. These signals are not for public use and are encrypted. The coverage of 907 is much, much greater than Astra 2.
Having said that, the Icecrypt model sold by Jacksons, and others, is capable of being programed with the codes to (illegally) decrypt the UK signals from 907.

Although the codes could change at anytime I've no doubt that they would appear on the 'net fairly quickly. The major problem would be if the operators of 907 lost the contract to broadcast the signals.

At the moment though I am a very happy Jacksons customer.

Malcolm

ps Double check your Multimo can lock on to Intelsat 907. Our dish was supplied by Jacksons ready programmed for 907.
Don't forget that the equipment can be confiscated for illegally receiving encrypted signals

This also means that if the satellite is installed onto a motorhome, the motorhome can be seized, as well as a big fine.

The back up was due to be turned off in 2015 but is still being used, and no replacement is planned.

Not being goody two shoes, but feel it is important to advise people that they risk a fine, confiscation and its potentially a short term purchase.

We (Van Bitz) Like Oyster Sat Tech refuse to get implicated in supplying, supporting or installing equipment

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Update on the advice given on here and from others splashed out on an Icecrypt S1600CHD SE, wow its tiny and comes with an IR magic eye, receiver is small and light enough to be mounted on the back of a tv or out of sight in a cupboard. Well impressed, bought for a keen price £59.99 at Maplins, some are advertised on interweb for a fiver less but vector in P&P and it was a no brainer. Thanks for all your input guys.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back