Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Under the affluence of incahol !!!

Weather is great,:thumb: The Bonny Mackintosh have had a fresh supply of "Spitfire" in :thumb:and knuckledragger and I have been invited to a Christmas lunch there at 2pm !!
So, all in all ! just about managing to cope !!:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

As you can surmise from all my inane and stupid posts, we have returned from Lunch ! And a damn fine one it was too !!!!:Blush::Blush::Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
graham i neither know anyone in a local council or government all i know and believe is that the people in power are there for themselves and someone somewhere has to make the decision that its cheaper not to grit than to grit ::bigsmile:
it really don't matter nothing will change its been like this for to long but if it wasn't then what would i have to moan about :ROFLMAO:

There is a big difference between council members and council officers and it is the former who make the decisions (admittedly based on reports from officers). We have a row going on in Middlesbrough because our elected mayor refuses to cut funding for his beloved folly, the mima art gallery. The one other item the mayor and his appointed executive have not proposed for cuts is the allowances which councillors get (especially the special, extra, allowances that they get).

As with any other organisation, there are good, bad and indifferent (be they members or officers) but my experience of over 35 years in local authorities is that, just like the rest of the human race, the majority are straight.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
One of the worst incidents was a five-vehicle smash involving a fire engine and paramedic car on Barnsley Road at Sheffield Lane Top.sheffield

A Vauxhall Vectra skidded into a tree at around 4am and firefighters from Elm Lane station, who were called out to deal with the incident crashed into the Vectra - crushing it into the tree even further. The tree had to be felled.

A paramedic fast response car crashed into the lampost bending it in two, and two vehicles which took evasive action also crashed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On 17th December last year the Asda van hitting our Autoquest was witnessed by the people who were doing our roof work - they had just spun their van on the next bend down the road.

The Asda van almost went on to hit one of two cars that had just been involved in a minor bump. If he hadn't hit our van he would probably have hit the car, which had a child in the back. One of the car drivers had called the police. One of the police vehicles which responded spun at the same corner as our roofers' van had and ended up with a fair bit of damage.

The lesson is to drive very carefully when it's cold, especially when rain has fallen on cold roads. No hard acceleration or braking. Act in plenty of time and smoothly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back