Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
When the temperature gets into the upper 20's we like to pick up 4kg of ice cubes and put our beer and wine in the cool box. We only do this because the fridge does not quite chill the nectar enough.

We had no problems at petrol stations when we drove through Germany. But, we got to Italy and there is simply no supply. Despite our linguistic difficulties we did have the Italian for ice cubes and there is no doubt they knew that such an item did exist in other countries.

I googled ice cubes and Italy and the responses were all about ice cubes in bars and restaurants. Bottom line, they really do not sell ice cubes in the whole of Italy.

I've accepted that it's tough to get steak pudding, chips and mushy peas, but ice cubes - come on.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ice

I agree - I do not think you can buy them anywhere. We have a couple of ice packs that we ask campsites to freeze for us and use them to keep a bottle cool etc

Russell

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Just put the bottles or cans in a bucket with water part way up and cover with a wet towel. The evaporation will cool the drink unless of course you want it so cold it gives you neuralgia,it also helps to put your drinking glasses in the fridge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back