LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Was thinking of buying one of these but think I will hang of for a bit to see if you guys get your uissues resolved

I hope so.

ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
Have had the exact same problem, signal very strong but won't go to login page, worked really well in UK but first time in France nothing, we are now in Croatia and it's working absolutely fine, and has done in most places, just the odd one or two that require a separate login page but not all of them.
What I have found is that it can sometimes take a couple of minutes or more for the login page to appear!
I know this reply won't solve your problem but just to let you know it's not you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just run through the whole set-up again and everything tells me it's connected but it won't bring up the login page for the site. I then tried the TIP if that happens, went into DHCP Client, got the gateway address and typed that into a new page, all it did was bring up the IBoost login again. I have to be doing something stupid but just can't see what. The signal is really strong at -17, my TX/RX rate is showing 130mbps so it's definitely talking. The one thing I did notice on the aerial the first signal strength light was red, next orange and the final 2 green.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I had the same issue. I know that a small batch of these units does have a problem with connections that use a log in page. Addie told me few weeks ago and asked me to get it to him for a quick fix, I'm yet to do it, but this post has just reminded me. @Addie are you at Stratford this year?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Never had a problem with mine. In fact sat using it now, on a BT Wifi connection that needed a log in.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I had a Eureka moment this weekend, another user showed me how to use mine better (properly) you mentioned you have the red light on the back, plus the 2 green presumably, I had thought that was enough to get a signal, sometimes it was but I couldn't log onto the BT fon easily, realigned the aerial got a yellow next to the red, straight on

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I suspect they haven't got your email.

I am also pretty sure they will reply as soon as they do.

I was with a Funster early this year and, being nosy, went through the set up instructions on their new IBoost with them.

We had a spot of bother too but eventually found we were typing information in the wrong place...

I sure you will get sorted soon.

JJ :cool:
I was that funsters. Lol. I have had lots of help from Adam at wifi boost.he even sent me an email to reset it. The problem I had was with the 2 stage sign on at some sites, that still haven't been resolved but thee one step sign on works great.
Can't remember exactly what we did JJ, Do you?

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have many times done a 360deg sweep around my van, very carefully, still no results, I can select the best signal, get all the signal lights on on the aerial, still on/off like a pulse, I think that it must be something I am doing wrong, I know that the North Norfolk coastal area signals are usually weak, but I have had the same results in stronger areas. Help.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I have many times done a 360deg sweep around my van, very carefully, still no results, I can select the best signal, get all the signal lights on on the aerial, still on/off like a pulse, I think that it must be something I am doing wrong, I know that the North Norfolk coastal area signals are usually weak, but I have had the same results in stronger areas. Help.

as I added earlier we get the same thing exactly, in my case it seems to be when connecting to my own hub or repeaters, not sure it helps you, but you are not alone at least, I can connect to many other password protected wifi devices so not sure why my own home hub should be an issue

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi All,

Would have replied sooner - but Jim was updating the server. The holding page told me to go get a beer, so I did, and that was the end of my evening!

Did try emailing them with some MiFi issues but they obviously don't like answering me :( because I've never had a reply.

Hi Clive,

I've searched for your e-mails but can't find any - please can you re-send your message or drop me a PM on here? I usually try to get back to everyone within an hour during working hours.

DHCP Client, got the gateway address and typed that into a new page, all it did was bring up the IBoost login again. I have to be doing something stupid but just can't see what.

The iBoost doesn't run a redirect and so for the iBoost page to load after typing in the gateway address - the gateway address must be 10.20.30.40?

The easiest thing for me is if you can take a screenshot of the MAIN, WIRELESS and SITE SURVEY pages and e-mail them to me sales@motorhomewifi.com

If you're not sure on how to take a screenshot you can use this link to tell you how: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
as I added earlier we get the same thing exactly, in my case it seems to be when connecting to my own hub or repeaters, not sure it helps you, but you are not alone at least, I can connect to many other password protected wifi devices so not sure why my own home hub should be an issue

As per your instructions, the only reason why the signal strength lights will flash on and off means that the password you have entered in the iBoost web interface for the remote network is incorrect. Check that this is exactly as the remote network owner has given you, with no o's and 0's mixed up and no spaces start or finish. WEP keys are a nightmare, nobody should be using them now but some people still do.

Do check that the network you are connecting to actually needs a password - it will say WPA or WEP in the site survey screen. If no password is required (NONE) then the iBoost will not ask you for a password - so don't manually change the security type as this will also cause this issue.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just a note to everyone - PLEASE DO NOT STRUGGLE WITH YOUR iBOOST!

Please, get in touch with us. If possible, take a screenshot of the MAIN, WIRELESS and SITE SURVEY pages (www.take-a-screenshot.org) so we can see what you can see and tell us what devices you have with you (eg iPad, Laptop). We're almost always able to resolve these issues although on occasion the setup of the campsite network is to blame.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
As per your instructions, the only reason why the signal strength lights will flash on and off means that the password you have entered in the iBoost web interface for the remote network is incorrect. Check that this is exactly as the remote network owner has given you, with no o's and 0's mixed up and no spaces start or finish. WEP keys are a nightmare, nobody should be using them now but some people still do.

Do check that the network you are connecting to actually needs a password - it will say WPA or WEP in the site survey screen. If no password is required (NONE) then the iBoost will not ask you for a password - so don't manually change the security type as this will also cause this issue.

It is my own home system where we get this, straight off the BT hub and a repeater, both are password protected, the signal literally appears to pulse on and off every second, no connection is possible. I now got straight to my BT fon option.

Very good at that though, and in many other situations

Thanks for the reply (y)

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997

I cannot connect to anything !, I will try later today here in Brecon.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have never had any luck with this set up either, been through the routine many times, but the signal strength readings on the aerial show full signal, then disappear completely, that's how it continues, on, off, on, off, very frustrating.
Using Caravan Club Wifi to post this from Brecon CC Site.

The solution to this is simple - you have entered a password into the iBoost when one is not required since CC and C&CC sites do not require a password. This is the only reason why the signal strength would flash on and off in the way that you describe.

Our telephone number is in the box for a reason :)

Last edited:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
The solution to this is simple - you have entered a password into the iBoost when one is not required since CC and C&CC sites do not require a password. This is the only reason why the signal strength would flash on and off in the way that you describe.

Our telephone number is in the box for a reason :)

I was not on CCC or CC sites when this occurred, noton their Wifi, also, this has happened at weekends when you are not available.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
The iBoost doesn't run a redirect and so for the iBoost page to load after typing in the gateway address - the gateway address must be 10.20.30.40?

The easiest thing for me is if you can take a screenshot of the MAIN, WIRELESS and SITE SURVEY pages and e-mail them to me sales@motorhomewifi.com

If you're not sure on how to take a screenshot you can use this link to tell you how: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
According to DHCP the gateway address was 172.16.0.156! Been in Bordeaux all day, footsore, few beers and now on the wine so will do screenshots tomorrow when I can guarantee fully functions fingers. Thanks for the help (y)

FunnyFendt

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
BH24 2LG
Funster No
MH
Rapido 927F, A-class, LHD
Exp
Since 2000
We are using our iboost via sfr down on an aire near sete South of France. Been using sfr all the way down with varying results. Better in towns.

FunnyFendt

Free Member
Jun 21, 2010
BH24 2LG
Funster No
MH
Rapido 927F, A-class, LHD
Exp
Since 2000
Forgot to mention that looking at the BT site it says try putting BT/ before your name on the site. Sfr hotspots have a button for changing from French to English language.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
All sorted by Adam. Gave IBoost a static DNS address, connected perfectly first time. Many thanks for the wonderful service (y)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thank you for the update Mr Clive.

It drives me really, really mad when I can't get stuff like this to work!

With me, it is usually because I have pressed the wrong button.

Just you wait until you are on a site somewhere and someone is having the same trouble...

"Allow me", you say, and after a couple of key strokes, it all works and you are the hero!

Mind you, then you have to move location for the news will spread and you will have a line of folks standing outside your van asking you to solve their computer connection problems!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I also thank you for the update but have to hope I am parked near you if I get the same problem, as I haven't got a clue what you actually did to put it right, despite your detailed reply :LOL:(y)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
According to DHCP the gateway address was 172.16.0.156! Been in Bordeaux all day, footsore, few beers and now on the wine so will do screenshots tomorrow when I can guarantee fully functions fingers. Thanks for the help (y)
Be very interesting to see your screen shots and how you connect. Thank you.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thank you for the update Mr Clive.

It drives me really, really mad when I can't get stuff like this to work!

With me, it is usually because I have pressed the wrong button.

That's possibly one drawback about living on your own JJ.

In my case if I am struggling my nice wife takes pity, reads things like instructions and tells me to relax and have a beer.

It's most agreeable:D

Graham1

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Wolverhampton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I used Iboost for the first time in Spain and did not follow the instructions to the letter when I tried to enter a password at the bottom of the log in page when it did not require one as we were using a secure network provided by the site. I emailed motorhome WiFi and they responded quickly and stayed it until until I was connected - excellent service. I have used it when travelling through Spain, France and here in the UK. I suggest you email or call them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back