Ian the builder built me a wall (1 Viewer)

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Well I met The Man and Helga the van
My garage needs rebuilding and I needed a wall building in fact I got lots need doing outside.
So I got Ian to come look now I need the garage extending and 1 I need to know exactly what I want 2 I need to be 100% sure I can afford the work. And also it would have to be quick as I can't manage without it.
So Ian arrived in good ol Sussex by the Sea Friday before last and booked himself onto a site under 2 mile away. After work I picked him up he took a look at the jobs and we decided to crack on with the wall.
So on the Saturday morning we picked his tools up and orders the gear for Monday delivery. As I was leaving for work just before 7 Ian was here and cracked on straight away.
Well he didn't mess around and got job done super quick we are very happy with his work.

Now a spent a little time with Ian and he's a nice bloke I trusted him to the run of my house washing machine etc. And no problems he would be welcome again. In fact I'm a little sorry I couldn't afford more time to spend with him. Show him Brighton and local sites maybe another day.

I wish Ian all the luck in the world and hope he gets some good work to keep him traveling. If your think you may have something for him give him a chance I am pleased we did.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Half a mind to invite him here to do a job Pete's been saying he'll do, ever since we bought the house in 1998!! Mind you we have only had ALL the matching bricks ready since we got someone else to demolish the two chimneys faced with them, which was another of those jobs - however since the whole roof needed doing, made sense to get the roofers to do it whilst they had the scaffolding up ....... so they are all there, neatly stacked up and ready and I think we still own 50% if not more of a family cement mixer, currently resident in Rugby LOL

Wonder if he'd like to visit Warwickshire .......

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Well if you fancy a run up to the Lakes Ian, I've a couple of precast window cills to replace and a gable end that needs pointing, can't get a builder around here for love nor money, they're all busy on flooded house refurbs. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well I met The Man and Helga the van
My garage needs rebuilding and I needed a wall building in fact I got lots need doing outside.
So I got Ian to come look now I need the garage extending and 1 I need to know exactly what I want 2 I need to be 100% sure I can afford the work. And also it would have to be quick as I can't manage without it.
So Ian arrived in good ol Sussex by the Sea Friday before last and booked himself onto a site under 2 mile away. After work I picked him up he took a look at the jobs and we decided to crack on with the wall.
So on the Saturday morning we picked his tools up and orders the gear for Monday delivery. As I was leaving for work just before 7 Ian was here and cracked on straight away.
Well he didn't mess around and got job done super quick we are very happy with his work.

Now a spent a little time with Ian and he's a nice bloke I trusted him to the run of my house washing machine etc. And no problems he would be welcome again. In fact I'm a little sorry I couldn't afford more time to spend with him. Show him Brighton and local sites maybe another day.

I wish Ian all the luck in the world and hope he gets some good work to keep him traveling. If your think you may have something for him give him a chance I am pleased we did.

Thanks,paul,,,it was a pleasure to do a bit for you and sandra,,,hopefully see you again..xxx thanks again mate,,your a gent !! x

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
And I've got a job for him up here in Scotland! And he can park for free for the duration (EHU and water on pitch, lift manhole cover for tank empty, use of washer and drier plus I would feed him!!!!!)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
And mum has a few bits n bobs in Scotland but I'm guessing it will be done by the time he gets up here

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
And I've got a job for him up here in Scotland! And he can park for free for the duration (EHU and water on pitch, lift manhole cover for tank empty, use of washer and drier plus I would feed him!!!!!)

Hello babe,, I didn't want to contact you after what happened with the youngsters etc. But if it's ok now I will pm you? Xx

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
No problem Ian, thanks. I promised you photos and will get them done as soon as I can :)
There is no hurry at all btw.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
No problem Ian, thanks. I promised you photos and will get them done as soon as I can :)
There is no hurry at all btw.

Puddle I am off to France for June, July so if your ok with that it would be end July, ish !! Lol. Xx

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Anybody want any carpentry, joinery or kitchen fitting doing in the South of France or Italy then feel free to get in touch......:D

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Anybody want any carpentry, joinery or kitchen fitting doing in the South of France or Italy then feel free to get in touch......:D

Hi dave,, I'm getting closer to Italy!! I will keep my ears open for you!!

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well if you fancy a run up to the Lakes Ian, I've a couple of precast window cills to replace and a gable end that needs pointing, can't get a builder around here for love nor money, they're all busy on flooded house refurbs. :(

Hello jock,, if your still stuck when I get home from France and have done another week in Devon I will gladly come and see you,, if your sorted no drama,, xxx

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Might be other opportunities for Ian as someone is looking for a house sitter in France. They might return home to find he has built another house on the plot!.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hello jock,, if your still stuck when I get home from France and have done another week in Devon I will gladly come and see you,, if your sorted no drama,, xxx

Hi Ian, not had any internet since a lightning storm on Monday, in town now picking up city centre wifi. That would be great if we could fit it in, I'll be in touch when we get sorted one way or another. We only have Rington's tea, is that a problem ? :)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Hi Ian, not had any internet since a lightning storm on Monday, in town now picking up city centre wifi. That would be great if we could fit it in, I'll be in touch when we get sorted one way or another. We only have Rington's tea, is that a problem ? :)

That could be a stumbling block mate! Lol. I do charge extra if I don't get yorkshire!! Lolol. Xx.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back