LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I find the sound of a whistling kettle very comforting, I suppose it’s the association of the noise with mum making a brew as we got in. But as I have tried to make my van as Green as possible using the gas when I have lots of electric seems a bit daft. So my question is, has anyone got a whistling electric kettle? Of about 1-1.5kw and 1-1.5l and if so where from. I can find plenty of 2.5-3kw ones but no small whistling ones.
Steve

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Thanks for the reply Jim, is there one on this site that is 'plug in' the only ones I can see are 'sit on'
Steve

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Now I've read the post correctly...:Blush: I have no idea where you can get a whistling electric kettle, is there such a thing?

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yep there is
Link Removed

News to me ::bigsmile:
Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
yes I have one, bought it from Asda's I think. It's a Morphy Richards and Silver in colour with a orange glow light on it too.

i love the whistling element, but if it gets too much it can also be turned off.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We still use the old whistling kettle on the gas burner, but think we'll ditch it for an electric low-watt one soon::bigsmile:

I don't know if this one below is any good for you, it is a smaller capacity though.

Broken Link Removed

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
No Margaret, ours is a fiver jobby from tesco or asda with a fiver gas kettle from local campingstore, they both boil water
Terry

Thanks for that Terry, I'll need to have a look for one of these at Tesco next time, I couldn't see it on their website. Our gas "whistler" causes great amusement if you leave it on whilst chatting outside to someone:RollEyes: Ideal for quick stops on the road, but we need to get an electric jobby when on hook-up:thumb:

Margaret:Smile:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
I find the sound of a whistling kettle very comforting, I suppose it’s the association of the noise with mum making a brew as we got in. But as I have tried to make my van as Green as possible using the gas when I have lots of electric seems a bit daft. So my question is, has anyone got a whistling electric kettle? Of about 1-1.5kw and 1-1.5l and if so where from. I can find plenty of 2.5-3kw ones but no small whistling ones.
Steve

Have you seen the Waeco ones?

They dont whistle, but small capacity and run on't 'leccy :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
We still use the old whistling kettle on the gas burner, but think we'll ditch it for an electric low-watt one soon::bigsmile:

I don't know if this one below is any good for you, it is a smaller capacity though.

Broken Link Removed

Just the job, thank-you. 700watt .5l ideal for a one cupper. got from john lewis £24 to the door:Smile:
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back