I would love to hear from any one travelling solo to Spain and or Portugal this winter? (2016) (1 Viewer)

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
we never use sites . is there a problem . last site i used was in 2009 in l,hospitalet de l,infant just above the edro delta . at 27 euro for the truck and two of us and the dog it might be the last one i ever use .
remember park ,dont camp.
Not a problem so long as I can get the rig in. I think I like to camp as I like to stay for a few days to get to know the place. Quite a few sites are less than 10 Euro a night for camping. This one has a swimming pool, tennis courts, bar and food. I will try the wild camping and wild parking sites as I come across them. My unit with the slide outs in, is not a nice place to sit. With the slide outs out, would I think be camping. To keep the truck connected means the unit is not really level and to disconnect it would be camping I think.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes disconnection they term camping . and yes slide outs again no good .
we dont play tennis . eat out or use any bars . as for swimming we very often are on the beach. or by a river /lake . reservoir.
but will keep eyes open for you. like i say depends on weather forcasts and how we feel when we get off the ferry.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Beyond reproach.

They don't drink anything stringer than tea, go to church every Sunday, mostly vegan but the odd vedgie, change their underwear twice a day but the odd one does snore.
Talk for yourself,wat is tea lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
I am taking each day as it comes ... would love to be. Awaiting hospital and solicitor appointments to see where am up to.
Get ya lovely arse down here to benidorm,sun sun sun xx

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Not all t
Talk for yourself,wat is tea lol

I found out a few days ago not all tea is the tea your mother would gives you. Holland produce a tea that is somewhat different. I have not tried it as I am not a person that would but I know people that have and do use it.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Does it contain alcohol,if not,keep it :whistle:

Nadine

Free Member
Nov 8, 2016
Exmouth, Devon
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan California
Exp
Since September!
Hi Josephine, I was interested to see your post as I am looking for a fellow female camper traveller. I'm new to the scene having only just bought my camper in September but plan to do lots of trips. Would be nice to have some company some time. I was also thinking of Portugal but its quite daunting the idea of setting off on my own with my two small dogs. Perhaps we could meet up half way to see if we would fit?

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Well I Finally made it to Spain after a long slow meander thru France, quite amazing place France. Anyone else here? Met up with another solo on a aires near a lovely monastery just past Valencia. It was sad to leave. So my question is has anyone got recommendations for cheap campsites or aires that you know of?

Let me know please. I did try benidorm but it did not feel right to me, and it was full up anyway. I am in Vera now. Anyone close by? I will be moving off tomorrow Saturday, so any recommendations would be cool.

Cheers

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Hi to all.
I am in the Algarve, at the moment in Portimao, will be nice to meet.

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi. I'm also on my own and would love to travel abroad I hate the winter, love the sun,but as you say with a woman. Maybe we will meet at one of the rally's. I will be at Chester and Peterborough this year, I haven't travelled far as I'm new to all this so would be interested.

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Josephine .. put your question on the Flora too.

Hope you find someone nice to travel with.
Thanks moven, I've only just gone on the site and replied to joshenine,let's hope she responds if so it would be great. Watch this space.

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hi Josephine, I was interested to see your post as I am looking for a fellow female camper traveller. I'm new to the scene having only just bought my camper in September but plan to do lots of trips. Would be nice to have some company some time. I was also thinking of Portugal but its quite daunting the idea of setting off on my own with my two small dogs. Perhaps we could meet up half way to see if we would fit?
Hi Nadine.It was nice seeing your post. I've also recently purchased a camper and would like a female camper traveller. I have thought several times of going places but find it daunting on my own, don't mind driving on my own as I've also got three small dogs,but I'm not good at reading maps I'm always use my sat nav if I've arranged to meet up with woman that I've met on the Motorhomefun.My dream is to go abroad so I hope you answer this.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello, Josephine and me are planning to travel together - it would be great to have more women join us. We had planned to go east early April, but we may delay that until Sept..in the meantime we had thought Wales...but I'm going up to Scotland too.
Anyhoooo, contact either of us if you want to arrange a central meet up .
Angela

Jan 18, 2016
Rhayader, Powys
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer 335 LWB
Exp
Hello, Josephine and me are planning to travel together - it would be great to have more women join us. We had planned to go east early April, but we may delay that until Sept..in the meantime we had thought Wales...but I'm going up to Scotland too.
Anyhoooo, contact either of us if you want to arrange a central meet up .
Angela
Thanks that would be nice. I live in Rhayader, it's about1/2 hour from Brecon. Saying that I keep thinking of travelling around the coast but don't want to do it on my own.i also don't want to keep staying on sites as it takes quite a lot of your money doing it all of the time.In June a few of the ladies are travelling to Scotland.where do you both live.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi - I live in Sheffield & Jo in Penzance - I think we may be heading your way - it's a long time since I travelled to South Wales & Brecon is on my way!
Do you have any details about the Scotland trip? PM me if needed.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
cross the channel ,wild camp and aires,cheap as chips

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
And French chips are very scrummy too (y)

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
Hi - I live in Sheffield & Jo in Penzance - I think we may be heading your way - it's a long time since I travelled to South Wales & Brecon is on my way!
Do you have any details about the Scotland trip? PM me if needed.
@mophead hi, i live in penzance, trying to contact jo, see what places to go this spring summer. i also want to go france spain for winter, with others, as new to this. if jo is around in penzance, would like to meet for coffee, rea, lunch, chat whatever. could you pass this on. so many different chat forums i am confused. only just seen this one pop up.

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
@Nadine. hi from pip in penzance, i am going to a meet up in france, twin lakes in september, and would love a travelling companion from s.w. the meet is 2 weeks, but i want to amble around a but, (eek) yes also new to this. pip

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
I travelled alone last year and had a wonderful time but it was lonely at times.
I was told that there are other solo women motorhomers but did not meet any . It would be great to hook up with people along the way , either to travel together for a while or just meet up in places of shared interest .
@Josephine55 hi jo, trying to catch up with you, are you in penzance at the moment. hoping to do some travelling with you? pip

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
well me and a mate from scotland are leaving early november till end april .
we are going to spain . dont know if we are going east round or across west and down through portugal . might be having maggie a friend from cumbria in her van with us .
your welcome to pop in i,m not far from you .
but we are only children . act like children and do childish things .
not allowed on toll roads ,motorways or busy duall carriageways ..
children arent allowed to play on busy roads .
but your welcome to join us . lots do, we never know what or where we are going from morning till afternoon . but being happy and having fun is the way. we do like quiet out of the way places . but sometimes we play tourists . .almost never use campsites but dont need them .
cheers alan .

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
@vwalan hi, wouldnt mind a coffee and chat, as only in pz. my van would fit inside yours i think. ha. pip

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Pondfairy/vwalan/Jo & all - there seems to be a few of us wanting to head south this winter - would be good to keep this thread going to see how it turns out.... as there may be a few of us already joining up to have a trip to Wales in June - we could talk about Spain then & post info on this thread to see, perhaps, if anyone else is interested or already has a cunning plan (y)

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well I'm on the ferry to Bilbao on the 27th September. Plan so far is to turn righ. I do want to send 61 days on the La Manga rally from 30th November to cover my birthday, Christmas and new year. Beyond that it will just be wandering (y)

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I haven't got a clue where I'll be going, but come first week of November I'll be across the channel ( ferry/tunnel) and hopefully meet some funsters along the way.

Mickey.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well I'm on the ferry to Bilbao on the 27th September. Plan so far is to turn righ. I do want to send 61 days on the La Manga rally from 30th November to cover my birthday, Christmas and new year. Beyond that it will just be wandering (y)
Sounds good!

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
I haven't got a clue where I'll be going, but come first week of November I'll be across the channel ( ferry/tunnel) and hopefully meet some funsters along the way.

Mickey.
Maybe some of us then!

Aussie Graphics

Funster
Oct 3, 2014
cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
15yrs
In olhao Portugal at the moment 2 or 3 single women on here there taking over cheapest site on the algarve pop in

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back