I would love to hear from any one travelling solo to Spain and or Portugal this winter? (2016) (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Josephine55

Josephine55

Free Member
Aug 28, 2016
Penzance Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Eldiss
Exp
Since 2013
I'm glad to hear that -thanks for letting me know I just wish I had met them on my travels .Perhaps I will this time around ? I have made contact with a few on here so it shouldn't be as lonely this year

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Brian you are telling porkie pies again about only drinking tea, your nose is growing as we speak :whistle2::pinocchio::h:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Beyond reproach.

They don't drink anything stringer than tea, go to church every Sunday, mostly vegan but the odd vedgie, change their underwear twice a day but the odd one does snore.
Be specific - who is the odd one, I'd like to give him a wide berth!

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I'm planning on going over the water for winter.. Not sure exactly when and where yet...

Been watching various threads and notice it appears to be getting full at certain popular haunts!...

Only thing I do know is I got to be back around April for Moho checkup..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Brian you are telling porkie pies again about only drinking tea, your nose is growing as we speak :whistle2::pinocchio::h:

Madam, she questioned the men, my goodness, if she'd asked about the women and what they do to the men, oh what a story that would be.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Josephine .. put your question on the Flora too.

Hope you find someone nice to travel with.

Annie29

Free Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Self Build on Renault
Exp
On and off for 5 years
Hi Josephine. Good on you for travelling that far alone. I drove to Portugal (Algarve) with my daughter in December 2013 and drove back alone in March 2014. It was a heck of a long journey! But a great experience. I'd like to think I could do it again, alone, but would certainly appreciate travelling with others or at least hooking up with others from time to time. Let me know if you do decide to travel down South - I might well be tempted to give it another go, but probably not until after Christmas. My user name is NOT my age!!

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Hey Joesphine.

I will be travelling around the Spain Portugal areas just looking for nothing in particular, just a relaxing time. This is my first time for everything so It scares the hell out of me and I am already quaking in my boots! I'm leaving in a week or so, Dover to Dunkirk, then a slow meander thru France, I got some stops pinned in google earth I'll try to hit, Aires no campsites.

I got euro breakdown cover, euro motor insurance, a small but good bus, Gasit refillables, a laptop and good aires apps. plenty of electricity, battery to battery charger, solar, data sims, tools, mobile wifi, and a massive dose of nerves!!!

My first Moho, My first time solo, and frankly for me a wander into the unknown. But reading on here it seems a good way to see Europe, so that's what I am planning a very long holiday. I got the apps, the books and now the van and the time. I have not even been around the uk ( in fact, reading about how bad it is for mohomers in the uk I have zero interest in it ) So to hell with it! take the plunge, go to France Spain and Portugal, First time, Head first!!

Hope you find loads of folks to meet up with, something I would like to do for sure. Happy trails!

OP
OP
Josephine55

Josephine55

Free Member
Aug 28, 2016
Penzance Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Eldiss
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe see you along the way. There are a few of us interested in going ..the more the merrier!! Keep in touch and let me know how you get on ? I have several co ordinate that you might find helpful if you are in to wild camping?

Safe travels

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Mike, suggest you get Camper Contact, costs about ÂŁ6.00 a year and you will find loads of places to stay in Portugal (and the rest of Europe for that matter) including free and low cost places with good reviews.
We too plan to do Spain and Portugal next Feb. Portugal might be a tad wet in Feb and you may want to consider Spain for a month or so then get across to Portugal end of March, depending on weather.
Safe travels.
Thanks, I have now downloaded the app "Camper Contact"

Annie29

Free Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Self Build on Renault
Exp
On and off for 5 years
Well done Camping Gaza. It's great that you're off despite quaking in your boots. I quaked, and still do every time I go to France. But it sounds like you've got all you need. I get better once I'm on the road. The aires are good on the whole - I haven't stayed on that many, but the Portugal and Spain had some great aires. France also. The trick in the more popular areas is to get to your chosen aire earlier in the day.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@Annie29 You need to subscribe now to continue posting. Its on the blue bar at top of page . Best ÂŁ15 yearly subscription you will buy. :)

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Thanks Josephine, And to you Annie29 for the confidence hit, Would love to keep in touch and defo get the co ords as I am planning on wild camping as much as possible, got to keep the funds for diesel and the like. like you Annie, think i am better on the road, I don't need much, and I hate being cold.

Will defo stay in touch Joesephine, if you get a chance I would love the co ordinates!

Thanks again folks :gracias:

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hey Joesphine.

I will be travelling around the Spain Portugal areas just looking for nothing in particular, just a relaxing time. This is my first time for everything so It scares the hell out of me and I am already quaking in my boots! I'm leaving in a week or so, Dover to Dunkirk, then a slow meander thru France, I got some stops pinned in google earth I'll try to hit, Aires no campsites.

I got euro breakdown cover, euro motor insurance, a small but good bus, Gasit refillables, a laptop and good aires apps. plenty of electricity, battery to battery charger, solar, data sims, tools, mobile wifi, and a massive dose of nerves!!!

My first Moho, My first time solo, and frankly for me a wander into the unknown. But reading on here it seems a good way to see Europe, so that's what I am planning a very long holiday. I got the apps, the books and now the van and the time. I have not even been around the uk ( in fact, reading about how bad it is for mohomers in the uk I have zero interest in it ) So to hell with it! take the plunge, go to France Spain and Portugal, First time, Head first!!

Hope you find loads of folks to meet up with, something I would like to do for sure. Happy trails!

Good on ya enjoy and let us know how you get on

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Josephine. Good on you for travelling that far alone. I drove to Portugal (Algarve) with my daughter in December 2013 and drove back alone in March 2014. It was a heck of a long journey! But a great experience. I'd like to think I could do it again, alone, but would certainly appreciate travelling with others or at least hooking up with others from time to time. Let me know if you do decide to travel down South - I might well be tempted to give it another go, but probably not until after Christmas. My user name is NOT my age!!

Hello Annie29.. contact Josephine or me if you're interested in joining a trip.

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Hi everybody.
I am sailing to Santander on the 4th Nov, planing to tour North West Spain No North Portugal for two weeks (weather pending) with a friend and then Solo, down the route to the Algarve and along the South Spain to the Med, all together 4.5 months.
Would love to meet/be in contact with other Solos. Maybe we should exchange Mobile no and create a WhatsApp group for easy contact, help & advice?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
... or you could create a private message group on here like us FLORA ladies have .. that way it protects singles at the same time? Call yourselves TavelCompanions or something?

Contact can be made to ghe full group.

Joy

May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
Why it can't be a mix sex group?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It can be .. it just means that you are all in a club and can send messages safely. You start a private conversation and include ALL your members with the added facility that more can be added as you go along.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi anyone in the Algarve? I am just east of Faro at Olhao and going west to Portimao then Lagos and Sagres before turning round for Spain in the new year.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
well me and a mate from scotland are leaving early november till end april .
we are going to spain . dont know if we are going east round or across west and down through portugal . might be having maggie a friend from cumbria in her van with us .
your welcome to pop in i,m not far from you .
but we are only children . act like children and do childish things .
not allowed on toll roads ,motorways or busy duall carriageways ..
children arent allowed to play on busy roads .
but your welcome to join us . lots do, we never know what or where we are going from morning till afternoon . but being happy and having fun is the way. we do like quiet out of the way places . but sometimes we play tourists . .almost never use campsites but dont need them .
cheers alan .

Hi Alan I will look out for you as I am in Portugal and going west from Tuesday, then back east in December and over to Spain in the new year. I have a 5th wheel so not so easy to wild camp anywhere but if I find a site with my truck and I can fit the trailer on it I will move and try it out.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I am taking each day as it comes ... would love to be. Awaiting hospital and solicitor appointments to see where am up to.

You need to come over. If you decide or find the time let me know I would love to see your happy face in the sun. I could get some Malibu for you.
I know how you like to have a small drink now and again only for health reasons I am saying. This place needs you.

daved2524

Free Member
Jan 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
5th wheel and a Nissan
Exp
Since April 2016
I really wanted to meet up with solo women -but you are the only female response so far. Are the men on this site honourable ? . I don't want any hassle .

Well Josephine, (honourable) you will have to be the judge of that if ever we meet. I didn't read your post properly or I would not have made any comment. I hope you have found your female friends and having a great time. See you on the road or not as it maybe.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Hi Alan I will look out for you as I am in Portugal and going west from Tuesday, then back east in December and over to Spain in the new year. I have a 5th wheel so not so easy to wild camp anywhere but if I find a site with my truck and I can fit the trailer on it I will move and try it out.
we never use sites . is there a problem . last site i used was in 2009 in l,hospitalet de l,infant just above the edro delta . at 27 euro for the truck and two of us and the dog it might be the last one i ever use .
remember park ,dont camp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back