I Will Understand If You Choose To Call Me... (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I think with most things JJ common sense and logic rule .:thumb: There are many who are not as gifted as we are.:winky:

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Broken Link Removed

So that's what the gauge is for !

For 2 years I thought it was telling me whether I was overloaded or not !:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
thin wire instead of a fuse hope your also fire fighter of the year

The single strand of wire WILL NOT ALLOW enough current through to start a fire!!!

The thin strand of wire will melt first and cut off the current... wait a minute... that is what a fuse does right?

Remember fuse wire?

I do...

JJ :Cool:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I think with most things JJ common sense and logic rule .:thumb: There are many who are not as gifted as we are.:winky:

For those of us that are ungifted I would suggest we take on board the fact that 'thin', or the gauge of the wire, is not the important factor, the composition of the wire is more important, the 'gifted' people may be able to visually calculate the amperage rating of a 'thin' piece of wire but for us mere mortals I would suggest we use approved rated fuse wire:winky:

AndyPandy

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
If you hadn't grown up to be, Mr Classic Hymer 660 (1987) Electrical Repair Genius, what else would you have been?

....and well done ::bigsmile:

Happy charging

Andy

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I must thank Mr Gooney and others for their touching concern re the repaired fuse in my Hymer.

I feel certain that if they actually saw first hand the relevant component their minds might rest a little easier...:winky:

Theory definitely has it place though...

JJ :Cool:

PS. Charging continues perfectly...

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
For those of us that are ungifted I would suggest we take on board the fact that 'thin', or the gauge of the wire, is not the important factor, the composition of the wire is more important, the 'gifted' people may be able to visually calculate the amperage rating of a 'thin' piece of wire but for us mere mortals I would suggest we use approved rated fuse wire:winky:
I think that you are not quite grasping the concept of Logic and common sense Gooney. The logical approach to anything is to first understand the problem before you attempt to resolve it. Common sense would never allow you to leave anything in an unsafe condition without knowing the potential dangers.

Also anyone with an oz common sense would never use something electrical or mechanical without having some knowledge of basic electrical mechanical process which would include cable size and make-up. If in doubt then Google will always come to the rescue with articles like this one. Logic and common sense rules. http://midsummerenergy.co.uk/solar-panel-information/SolarPanelWiringDiagrams/CablesAndFuses
:youbetcha:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I think that you are not quite grasping the concept of Logic and common sense Gooney. The logical approach to anything is to first understand the problem before you attempt to resolve it. Common sense would never allow you to leave anything in an unsafe condition without knowing the potential dangers.

Also anyone with an oz common sense would never use something electrical or mechanical without having some knowledge of basic electrical mechanical process which would include cable size and make-up. If in doubt then Google will always come to the rescue with articles like this one. Logic and common sense rules. http://midsummerenergy.co.uk/solar-panel-information/SolarPanelWiringDiagrams/CablesAndFuses
:youbetcha:

Wow, thanks for the lecture Buttons, I really feel enlightened now, we have a thread here that is 38 posts long about replacing a 'fuse', if the correct fuse wire had been used, (that is made of a soft lead alloy that will melt, rather than 'thin wire' that hell, electric fire elements are made of, that won't) well, you wouldn't have had to spend your precious time searching Google, I mean bloody hell Buttons, you could be applying some logic right now and be on a sixty mile road trip for your breakfast:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Wow, thanks for the lecture Buttons, I really feel enlightened now, we have a thread here that is 38 posts long about replacing a 'fuse', if the correct fuse wire had been used, (that is made of a soft lead alloy that will melt, rather than 'thin wire' that hell, electric fire elements are made of, that won't) well, you wouldn't have had to spend your precious time searching Google, I mean bloody hell Buttons, you could be applying some logic right now and be on a sixty mile road trip for your breakfast:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Long post can become very tedious Gooney, I like to give you something fresh to give you that enlightenment. Have you now exhausted your knowledge on cable type and size.:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back