I think I need a bra

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by chrisboyo, Sep 22, 2013.

1. chrisboyo

chrisboyo Funster

Not me you fool, the moho

Got your attention though didn,t it :Rofl1:

Just been cleaning the moho and noticed quite a few stone chips on the front
    Anyone useing a Bra type front cover on a 2009 - 2013 Pug they can reccommend ?

Happy Daze
    Chrisboyo

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Have seen them on American RVs but never on a European. perhaps an upholsterer or curtain side repairer could make you one. I had an engine bonnet cover made in leather by an upholsterer, and a tailor made buggy cover and boat cover done by a curtain side repairer.

3. vwalan

vwalan Funster

they were ans still are a thing used on vw campers .but be ware they can spoil the paint work as they tend to keep it damp . ideal in california were stone chips are common and rain isnt .

4. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Mrs A had a new Beetle and after 5 years and 85000 miles the front was very chipped.
    She borrowed my car for a couple of months and stone chips started to appear on mine too.
    Thinking logically, there is no way these chips will appear from stones thrown up by your vehicle, they must come from the vehicle in front. Mrs A likes to follow cars very closely! (I'm not telling her!)
    So, the moral( probably) is to give more space between you and the car in front. No bra needed then
    Of course, I am a bloke so don't take anything I say as reliable.....
    Allan

5. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

If you think that you need a bra............:RollEyes::RollEyes:

is that because you think you are a T*T.........:Wink::Wink:

:Blush::Blush:

:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spenders

Spenders

I've seen one!

One of the Funsters at the Peterborough show this year (sorry.. can't recall his name) had one on his Fiat based Autotrail (the X230 model? The one before the current shape model).

I thought he'd had his bonnet sprayed black at first but no, it was a bra!

Simon

7. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I have been wearing one since the wife found it in the back of the car:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  8. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Black Bra

Hi, Spenders it was me I was fed up with things hitting me on the bonnet and causing damage the last straw was a large nut from a low loader as I was overtaking on the m62 I thought it was going to come through the windscreen , :Eeek: many years ago I travelled from dover to liverpool with no windscreen after a knight of the road had a loose chain on his wagon it smashed our vans windscreen and nearly took us out :Angry:so now my van wear a sexy little black no. it keeps her bonnet chip free I bought it from e bay ,just a few weeks after I bought my new car a large piece of scrap metal fell from a lorry directly in front of me I couldnt help but go over it I was sick as the noise was terrific luckily all that happened was the horn had been ripped off ,things like that are attracted to me just call me magneto:Smile:

9. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

You can get them on Ebay for around £30-50 for most of the euro motorhomes. Following instructions and keep them clean and they won't scratch the paint.

Alternatively, you can cover with clear vinyl instead, or as an undercover to prevent scratching over winter weather.