Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Not me you fool, the moho

Got your attention though didn,t it :ROFLMAO:

Just been cleaning the moho and noticed quite a few stone chips on the front
Anyone useing a Bra type front cover on a 2009 - 2013 Pug they can reccommend ?

Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have seen them on American RVs but never on a European. perhaps an upholsterer or curtain side repairer could make you one. I had an engine bonnet cover made in leather by an upholsterer, and a tailor made buggy cover and boat cover done by a curtain side repairer.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
they were ans still are a thing used on vw campers .but be ware they can spoil the paint work as they tend to keep it damp . ideal in california were stone chips are common and rain isnt .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Mrs A had a new Beetle and after 5 years and 85000 miles the front was very chipped.
She borrowed my car for a couple of months and stone chips started to appear on mine too.
Thinking logically, there is no way these chips will appear from stones thrown up by your vehicle, they must come from the vehicle in front. Mrs A likes to follow cars very closely! (I'm not telling her!)
So, the moral( probably) is to give more space between you and the car in front. No bra needed then
Of course, I am a bloke so don't take anything I say as reliable.....
Allan

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
I've seen one!

One of the Funsters at the Peterborough show this year (sorry.. can't recall his name) had one on his Fiat based Autotrail (the X230 model? The one before the current shape model).

I thought he'd had his bonnet sprayed black at first but no, it was a bra!

Simon

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Black Bra

One of the Funsters at the Peterborough show this year (sorry.. can't recall his name) had one on his Fiat based Autotrail (the X230 model? The one before the current shape model).

I thought he'd had his bonnet sprayed black at first but no, it was a bra!

Simon

Hi, Spenders it was me I was fed up with things hitting me on the bonnet and causing damage the last straw was a large nut from a low loader as I was overtaking on the m62 I thought it was going to come through the windscreen , :Eeek: many years ago I travelled from dover to liverpool with no windscreen after a knight of the road had a loose chain on his wagon it smashed our vans windscreen and nearly took us out :Angry:so now my van wear a sexy little black no. it keeps her bonnet chip free I bought it from e bay ,just a few weeks after I bought my new car a large piece of scrap metal fell from a lorry directly in front of me I couldnt help but go over it I was sick as the noise was terrific luckily all that happened was the horn had been ripped off ,things like that are attracted to me just call me magneto:Smile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You can get them on Ebay for around £30-50 for most of the euro motorhomes. Following instructions and keep them clean and they won't scratch the paint.

Alternatively, you can cover with clear vinyl instead, or as an undercover to prevent scratching over winter weather.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back